DBS ITELITE TEST

Reaction score
DBS Itelite, ok another test today I did film it and post it tomorrow if I get the chance just to back up my post.
So here goes, I got less than a mile before signal dropped in and out. This is what I was getting before the DBS. I set the controller in the back of my hummer to see the screen because of glare and all signals went to full, so I pushed on. I went out to 11000ft before I lost all signal again. I think my hummer is a better antenna or it boosted the reception somehow. So two miles still nowhere near five. Also as I was going to 11000ft I would move the TX back out of the truck and immediately lose TX and HD signal.

Last edited:
Did you happen to change orientation of the antenna when you went to the vehicle?

Hmm so in half a year everybody with a phantom 3 is also driving a hummer

Flew again today and tried moving the TX back into the vehicle a F350 and nothing changed, very curious.

Hello DBS/everyone,

Quick question: On the DBS ITELITE Antenna setup. for the SMA Port 1 and Port 2, are those broken down into RC TX and Video RX possibly?

The reason I ask is that I live in a remote area, and I want to put antennas on my roof with some 50 ohm cable to a yagi for the RC TX and a yagi or omni for the video and feed the cable a short distance to the inside to hook directly to the remote. I am hoping I can use this mod to plug in each roof antenna directly to Port 1 and Port 2.

Is that possible?

Hello DBS/everyone,

Quick question: On the DBS ITELITE Antenna setup. for the SMA Port 1 and Port 2, are those broken down into RC TX and Video RX possibly?

The reason I ask is that I live in a remote area, and I want to put antennas on my roof with some 50 ohm cable to a yagi for the RC TX and a yagi or omni for the video and feed the cable a short distance to the inside to hook directly to the remote. I am hoping I can use this mod to plug in each roof antenna directly to Port 1 and Port 2.

Is that possible?
You put extender cables on a 2.4 GHz wire and you're in for some entertaining technical details. Signal loss is pretty high at these frequencies. Professionals use high quality cable (not nameless crap from China), good connectors with attention to detail in assembling them and, often, preamps next to the transmitter and receiver. It's going to be hard to create a system that you are envisioning that will do anything but waste your money unless you spend some quality time with the ARRL Antenna Book.

Or just get lucky. It is anything but just connecting wires and antennas together.

You put extender cables on a 2.4 GHz wire and you're in for some entertaining technical details. Signal loss is pretty high at these frequencies. Professionals use high quality cable (not nameless crap from China), good connectors with attention to detail in assembling them and, often, preamps next to the transmitter and receiver. It's going to be hard to create a system that you are envisioning that will do anything but waste your money unless you spend some quality time with the ARRL Antenna Book.

Or just get lucky. It is anything but just connecting wires and antennas together.

Thanks, but Ive already investigated signal loss and what cable to use. I have found numerous users that have success, and I am replicating their cable/antenna setup.

What I am asking here is are the DBS ITELITE SMA Outputs for Port 1 and Port 2 broken down to one RC TX and one Video RX on the Remote Control itself.

Side Question: I know the RC is 2.4 GHz (The manual indicates this). Is the Video 5.8GHZ? The manual doesnt say :)

Last edited:
Nope swap them back and forth, the remote output is obviously designated

Thanks, but Ive already investigated signal loss and what cable to use. I have found numerous users that have success, and I am replicating their cable/antenna setup.

What I am asking here is are the DBS ITELITE SMA Outputs for Port 1 and Port 2 broken down to one RC TX and one Video RX on the Remote Control itself.

I do believe that the two antenna ports are different, however I have only anecdotal/personal evidence. And I'm not sure it's as simple as RX/TX stratification by antenna.

Perhaps a closer look with my RF analyzer will be in order.

The way I noticed is that only one of the antenna ports appeared to be radiating energy when I did my initial workup of the P3 comms frequencies/modulations, and also the behavior of the led lights on my boosters is not the same between antenna channels.

There are a couple other folks on this forum who've done some analysis of the P3 RF as well, and at least one of them with a better RF analyzer than mine. I'm also a "shade tree RF engineer" at best. So perhaps someone else can chime in?

Reactions: marphtwo
DBS Itelite, ok another test today I did film it and post it tomorrow if I get the chance just to back up my post.
So here goes, I got less than a mile before signal dropped in and out. This is what I was getting before the DBS. I set the controller in the back of my hummer to see the screen because of glare and all signals went to full, so I pushed on. I went out to 11000ft before I lost all signal again. I think my hummer is a better antenna or it boosted the reception somehow. So two miles still nowhere near five. Also as I was going to 11000ft I would move the TX back out of the truck and immediately lose TX and HD signal.
I am getting an easy 18,000' each flight, and a 22,000'-24,000' easy on a zero wind day, 30-36mph up and back, every time i get 18,000 i still have full signal, with very few drop-outs, if any... by the way i am using stock antennas in a very densely populated city area, with row-homes & wi-fi all around. Have you tried just using the stock antennas before you upgraded?

Yes sir. I have the stock antennas now and can only get out about 3000 ft horizontal at around 350 ft altitude (of course distance is better at 700 - 1000 ft altitude, but I am trying to at least stay semi legal under 400 ft and under the radar). Probably due to all the other trees homes 2.4 Ghz interference. Hence why I want to put it up on the roof.

Oh wait Jeriami is replying to Sheets 7777, but maybe my reply adds to your experience. I am getting shorter distances outside (but im around houses).

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1