Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. tonyt76

Hey guys I need your help :(

I installed a DBS/Itelite antenna on my GL300B P3 controller that is linked to my P4. This weekend I did a few test flights and was losing video signal around 3300ft out. Now i'm bummed because those numbers suck! I was not in a perfectly open/flat field, but it was over farm land.

While I was doing the antenna install, when I plugged the battery back in to the controller the lights came on, so I freaked out and powered the controller on then off quickly because the antennas were not attached and I didn't want to fry my controller.

How can I tell if I fried my transmitter? Would it be significantly less range or would it not work at all? I've been stressing out over this and I want to put my mind at ease :)

2. Silverwingflinx

i would say you did not fry the controller it would have to have been left on a long time to fry it.i have turned my controller on as well with out the antennas hooked up i have the itelite too.i still get good range 6.5 miles one way.i am using the GL300A and it is boosted i also fly on the outskirts of city to have this kind of range.with in the city i have done 5km.

#2 Silverwingflinx, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  3. scatmanr1

I honestly believe it all depends on where your at and what's around you, both what you can see and not. I flew in my neighborhood with and without the mod done to the remote and I got about 400 ft farther then without mod. So I decided to quickly go up to 540 ft and see what I could do and flew another 1300 ft farther. And I'm in total residential/trees/highways/etc. So these guys going big distances when you look at the map it's all like farm land/flat land. Is what it is I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

4. tonyt76

I agree. I feel like if the area you're flying in is not "ideal conditions" you will not get the advertised ranges posted by other members.