Dbs installed. Quick question

Reaction score
just fitted my dbs at work lol. Cheeky.

All went well I think. Turned on controller and worked.

Turned on aircraft and connected fine. But

Did get a message saying poor radio channel. Then it went away.

Now at work I'm surrounded by metal and tools and concrete and cars etc.

So just a coincidence after installing dbs ?

Looked at signal strength for controller and all bars were full.

Darren.

Likely due to surroundings. I have the same DBS mod - if I turn on the phantom at my desk I always get the poor transmission signal message. Outside it works excellent - no issues.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Likely due to surroundings. I have the same DBS mod - if I turn on the phantom at my desk I always get the poor transmission signal message. Outside it works excellent - no issues.

I was outside but in a car park cluttered with cars buildings and tools outside our shop lol.

Never seen that message before, but it did go away . I'll test again at lunch further away.

Also I had full controller signal strength which must be a good sign lol.

Darren

Just tested again real quick, only 50ft away from this morning so same area . No message this time but in the menu does say radio channel poor?

Have I done something?

IMG_0417.PNG

But I did have full signal strength.

A little worried.
IMG_0418.PNG

Yeah did that buddy, just came home for some lunch and tested it outside my house, Had radio channel good

then moved it about 10ft and had signal poor, im guessing it is just interference

What is the best quality you can get is it just good and poor?

Every single time i turn on my Phantom and get into the go app, the Radio Channel Quality says Poor. Every time. BUT, within about 10 seconds it changes back to Good (its not in front of me so i cant remember if thats how its labeled) and i go out and fly without a hiccup. I think you should be fine just watch it for about 10-20 seconds when you first turn it on and see if it changes.

Thanks buddy, probably being paranoid and wouldn't have even noticed it if i never got that first pop up message.

Hmm, indoors and the radio channel quality is good.

I have wifi in here. Maybe it's fine.

Hmm, indoors and the radio channel quality is good.

I have wifi in here. Maybe it's fine.

Just flew it in back garden, never got any pop up messages but keep getting strong interference messages which I had previous to dibs anyways, and radio channel quality keeps bouncing from poor to good.

So fingers crossed this has nothing to do with my modification inside remote.

Sometimes with "better antennas"at close distances the radio power is improved so at close distances the signal actually go past the aircraft. A lot of times I get that warning close by but once I'm in the air I never get it. I am using the argtek but Same principle.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Sometimes with "better antennas"at close distances the radio power is improved so at close distances the signal actually go past the aircraft. A lot of times I get that warning close by but once I'm in the air I never get it. I am using the argtek but Same principle.

Are you talking about the poor radio channel warning or the strong interest warning?

Darren

Are you talking about the poor radio channel warning or the strong interest warning?

Darren

I'm talking about the poor radio channel warnings.if your using apple products to fly the strong interference warnings are worse than when using android

So I checked my flight log of a flight I did in my back garden last week ( same spot as today at lunch) and the flight log shows same strong interference messages as I had today with dbs. Although I seemed to have more messages with dbs than I did with standard antenna. But could that be different each and every single day?

Also I went a lot further with dbs with almost full signal ( note was not trying to test range so only went 600ft ). With standard antenna I had a few weak remote signal messages which sorted themselves out. But none with dbs.

So maybe I'm just being paranoid.

What set me off was the pop up message saying poor radio channel quality never seen it before and hopefully just coincidence that I had it after installing dbs. Otherwise I would never check radio channel quality menu.

Haven't had the message pop up since but have seen quality bounce from good to poor by checking the menu manual whilst in flight, so hoping its just the areas I've tested in.

Does the warning strong interference be cautious when flying long distances mean there is interference with the 5.8 or 2.4? And also what things can cause this interference.

Sort for rambling on. Just trying to check I haven't caused and issues by modding remote with dbs. Everything went smooth but now the old OCD is playing with my brain.

Darren

I'm talking about the poor radio channel warnings.if your using apple products to fly the strong interference warnings are worse than when using android

Ok that's good to know. I only had that once. But frequently get the strong interference message

Same here.. If you are too near the ac with dbs it gives bad signal warning. When I tried dbs first time I was scared that I had messed up something with rc when that poor signal warning flashed.

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Same here.. If you are too near the ac with dbs it gives bad signal warning. When I tried dbs first time I was scared that I had messed up something with rc when that poor signal warning flashed.

Ah you had the same message? What is classed as close range?

Darren

Ah you had the same message? What is classed as close range?

Darren
Same message: poor radio signal.

AC was like 30 to 50 centimeters away from me.

No issues after that when you remember to be atleast few meters away from AC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.