DBS Install Questions

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Hey guys,

I have two questions about the Dbsmods install:

1. Do you guys remove the 3 stock antennas or do you leave them?

2. Can I do the install without drilling 3 holes in my controller? If so which cables would I need to run the 3 wires through the stock mast hole in my controller directly to the panel?

Thanks!

I will look for it .
Tony I thought it was in this thread Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade | DJI Phantom Forum
But unless I just overlooked it it's in another one .
Basically he had just hooked the cable's inside and had them sticking through that hole .
JMO it looked like crap and also looked like a disaster waiting to happen if he snagged one on something .
If ya hadn't glance through that link and you will see what a lot are doing .

Thank you so much!
Is not a problem and still looking for that picture/post ta show ya but I just didn't care for it plus you gonna have to cram a lot of cable in your TX .

I'm so close to buying DBS because the windsurfer is not really performing, but I only saw one video of the install and it confused me. To many “ifs“. If they have an easy PDF guide I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Can someone tell me what the “up to you“ type thing the video is talking about? It's at the 4:44 mark.

TC it's all in that link . It is not that hard if
Can someone tell me what the “up to you“ type thing the video is talking about? It's at the 4:44 mark.
What video TC

TC it's all in that link . It is not that hard if

What video TC
the video DBS made? The one for the inspire remote.

Actually I just rewatched the video and I think the part at 4:44 is completely optional. That's the part where he removed the 5.8ghz antenna, did some cutting and hot glue. I intend to keep all my stock antennas so I can skip that part, right?

No you have to disconnect those . You can leave them in there if ya want to but that's what you hook the panel cables to .

No you have to disconnect those . You can leave them in there if ya want to but that's what you hook the panel cables to .
Ya I know it has to be disconnected, I'm just going to leave the stock wires inside.

I made up my mind, I'm getting one!

Reactions: dirkclod
Ya I know it has to be disconnected, I'm just going to leave the stock wires inside.

I made up my mind, I'm getting one!
I would just cover the connecter part if you did to be on the safe side .

If I don't want to drill the holes and have the antennas go through the stock antennas holes, how can I do that? Was there a thread about this method somewhere?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj