Dbs extender

It's not a Dbs extender but a WindSurfer antenna booster is a great bang for the buck. I use one on my setup.

Looking to buy an extender off eBay any one know a good one?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I just researched this subject and came to the conclusion that the best one is the dbs mod. ITE_DBS02. You can find it on dbsmods.com. It looks to be the same as one that sells for $500 on www.drone-world.com. My total order with shipping was less than $130. I am seeing people say they are getting anywhere from 3 to 7 mile range depending on conditions. Mine has not arrived yet. Should arrive tomorrow or the next day.

I have a p3p and I have the itelite maxx panel and I have gone out nearly 8.5 miles in los conditions. In areas where there is no los or a lot of other interferences I get anywhere from 1 miles to 2 miles.
Make sure you leave the channel in auto mode in the go app under hd!

I just researched this subject and came to the conclusion that the best one is the dbs mod. ITE_DBS02. You can find it on dbsmods.com. It looks to be the same as one that sells for $500 on www.drone-world.com. My total order with shipping was less than $130. I am seeing people say they are getting anywhere from 3 to 7 mile range depending on conditions. Mine has not arrived yet. Should arrive tomorrow or the next day.

Reactions: Digdat0
Does anyone know if the controller can be used if the dbs extender is removed? In other words, it looks like the dbs mod can be taken off for putting in your case/traveling. If removed temporarily can the controller still be used as stock?

Does anyone know if the controller can be used if the dbs extender is removed? In other words, it looks like the dbs mod can be taken off for putting in your case/traveling. If removed temporarily can the controller still be used as stock?

No, if you turn on the RC without any antaennas you stand a chance of frying it.
I have a set of normal omni directional antaennas that I put on when I don't want to use the panel.
You can buy them on eBay for about $4. They look like your Wi-Fi router antaennas. Make sure you buy the ones that say 2.4ghz. Or 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz.

No, if you turn on the RC without any antaennas you stand a chance of frying it.
I have a set of normal omni directional antaennas that I put on when I don't want to use the panel.
You can buy them on eBay for about $4. They look like your Wi-Fi router antaennas. Make sure you buy the ones that say 2.4ghz. Or 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz.

Can I just put the ones that came with back on? Are the stock ones the same as what you are talking about? Are the omni directional ones you're talking about any better than the ones that came on the controller? Forgive my ignorance, this is all new.

Can I just put the ones that came with back on? Are the stock ones the same as what you are talking about? Are the omni directional ones you're talking about any better than the ones that came on the controller? Forgive my ignorance, this is all new.

No problem bud, no once you do the itelite mod or any rc mod, you won't be able to use the stock Antaennas, just buy the ones I told you,7db is good. You can get bigger ones but the higher the db the narrower is the beam so your aim will have to be good.

Have tried not all aftermarket antennas and by far the best I have found is the boosted FPVLR antenna. Cost is 299$ but you can go out over 10 miles. The limiting factor is the battery. Takes about 20 min. to install it and their web site has very clear installation instructions, donnie

Gee ray rokni 8.5 miles with DBS antenna booster P3P....Thats freakin awesome!! what sort of battery mod do you have?

No problem bud, no once you do the itelite mod or any rc mod, you won't be able to use the stock Antaennas, just buy the ones I told you,7db is good. You can get bigger ones but the higher the db the narrower is the beam so your aim will have to be good.

Could you please link me to which ones to purchase? Would be greatly appreciated!

Get the dbs 02 panel antenna, I love mine. Basically I run out of battery before range. I got a set of 2.4 Ghz antennas to screw on for when I am just doing local (within 1000'). But I have my case cut out to accommodate the DBS on the controller. For the money its the best IMHO. No drilling the controller case just use the existing holes with adapters after removing the stock antennas.

Get the dbs 02 panel antenna, I love mine. Basically I run out of battery before range. I got a set of 2.4 Ghz antennas to screw on for when I am just doing local (within 1000'). But I have my case cut out to accommodate the DBS on the controller. For the money its the best IMHO. No drilling the controller case just use the existing holes with adapters after removing the stock antennas.

already have my controller modded with the clean install cables from maxxuav, would it screw onto those?

im currently using the MAXXRange antenna which is 14db and im only getting 2500' max distance before i get the image transmission error. My connection bars drop off from full to 1 at that distance and turn around

2500?? dude..

what altitude ? I've gone 3 miles non boosted, very congested area the first mile, after that its pure open everglades, I need to raise my altitude pretty high to avoid huge trees, otherwise I still have line of site and can hit 3 miles with still great signal.

im currently using the MAXXRange antenna which is 14db and im only getting 2500' max distance before i get the image transmission error. My connection bars drop off from full to 1 at that distance and turn around
same for me. felt it was waste of money. What by far works best for me is the boosted FPVLR. Battery is the limiting factor.. Enjoy, donnie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20