DBS Antenna Mod Problems

. They come out of Poland our ours do and then are shipped from Fla.
I got my first one on the first wave way back when they first came out but had Tony's birdsides on my P2V and they didn't match so I sold it .
Never could find anything that match them till Tony started making the dipoles that did .
In P2V+ antenna mods there is a Long thread how it all came about if anyone wanted to learn about it but this panel is just a drop
in the bucket to what all they make .

. They come out of Poland our ours do and then are shipped from Fla.
I got my first one on the first wave way back when they first came out but had Tony's birdsides on my P2V and they didn't match so I sold it .
Never could find anything that match them till Tony started making the dipoles that did .
In P2V+ antenna mods there is a Long thread how it all came about if anyone wanted to learn about it but this panel is just a drop
in the bucket to what all they make .

thats what i've been reading for the past few days..lol. the old, 40 pages long, P2 antenna threads...
by the time you get to page 20 you realize that half of the antennas mentioned are no longer sold, or there is a better versions out there.
There are also a bunch of youtube videos that explain how fpv antannas work etc.
it definitely takes time to read thru it all, but its really the best way to get a good understanding of how these things work..
although it is possible that some of these mods become less popular, since it seem like newer P3S models have great range right outta the box, without any mods.
people easily get 8,000-10,000'+ with stock or simple windsurfers. and then P3P prices are unbelievably now, and continue to drop. Instead of dropping $300-$400 on mods it makes sense to just get a Pro or Adv models. I personally enjoy messing with mods, it helps keep hobby fun. How many times can you fly in a LOS circle at your local park before you get sick of it?

thats what i've been reading for the past few days..lol. the old, 40 pages long, P2 antenna threads...
by the time you get to page 20 you realize that half of the antennas mentioned are no longer sold, or there is a better versions out there.
There are also a bunch of youtube videos that explain how fpv antannas work etc.
it definitely takes time to read thru it all, but its really the best way to get a good understanding of how these things work..
although it is possible that some of these mods become less popular, since it seem like newer P3S models have great range right outta the box, without any mods.
people easily get 8,000-10,000'+ with stock or simple windsurfers. and then P3P prices are unbelievably now, and continue to drop. Instead of dropping $300-$400 on mods it makes sense to just get a Pro or Adv models. I personally enjoy messing with mods, it helps keep hobby fun. How many times can you fly in a LOS circle at your local park before you get sick of it?
I know but those that don't understand 2.4 & 5.8 can see in there lots of stuff they are trying have already been tried and are really just
wasting their time . Different bird but same really .
I started when this was being tried and already knew when I saw the Standard pop up that was what I was going to have .
I like to make things do what they say they wont like you and have been since I started this hobby .
Lots of history in that thread huh :)
I will have the 4K next .
As far as the Pro/Adv...won't have one . It's already there as far as distance .
That 4K hit 500 bucks I will be breaking it open ;)

Reactions: SZNJ732
Dirk, judging by the placement of the components and solder connections, that's mine, for sure. Thanks!

Thats interesting. Its identical to the p3s one except the 2.4ghz panel is flipped vertically. Their panels are versatile.

I just installed my DBS mod and I am very pleased with the range improvement, continuity of signal, etc. This thing is awesome! I think something may be wrong with what you got.

I loved my DBS too, until the dbs mod became loose and I lost distance from the 5.8ghz. I think its a great mod, but there is a problem with it. I think everyone should know about this, before they try to tightening it on. I got 16,000ft with the DBS mod at the beach.

Does dbs sell those panels so I can just make osmething myself? I'd be interested in buying something 3-5 times the size for experiment purposes.

You probably want something like this (fly to the 3 min mark):

Edit: There are a number of connections. What exactly came loose?

Last edited:
I loved my DBS too, until the dbs mod became loose and I lost distance from the 5.8ghz. I think its a great mod, but there is a problem with it. I think everyone should know about this, before they try to tightening it on. I got 16,000ft with the DBS mod at the beach.

Does dbs sell those panels so I can just make osmething myself? I'd be interested in buying something 3-5 times the size for experiment purposes.
No there might be a problem with yours and maybe a few more as they are mass produced but I have 2 on on TX'S now
and nothing wrong with them .

I have both, DBS and recently purchased, FPVLR antennas. I've been using DBS antenna since December 2015 and love it, especially for it's smaller form factor.

As mentioned in my other posts, I live in a wi-fi congested neighborhood with homes very close to each other. Not much open area to get good LOS with P3P at distances beyond 500ft, 200ft high.

So far, with both DBS and FPVLR antennas boosted with sunhans 3w amps, P3P seems to travel to about the same distances: approx. 3000ft. before i drop a bar of video signal. I have the 32 channel hack and have tried both custom and auto channels with not much difference (in my area).

I haven't been able to fly much with boosted setup and would still have to perform more CONTROLLED boosted flights in order to give a better comparison report.

I think DBS is the best! It's built AMAZING... The bracket is genius.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have both, DBS and recently purchased, FPVLR antennas. I've been using DBS antenna since December 2015 and love it, especially for it's smaller form factor.

As mentioned in my other posts, I live in a wi-fi congested neighborhood with homes very close to each other. Not much open area to get good LOS with P3P at distances beyond 500ft, 200ft high.

So far, with both DBS and FPVLR antennas boosted with sunhans 3w amps, P3P seems to travel to about the same distances: approx. 3000ft. before i drop a bar of video signal. I have the 32 channel hack and have tried both custom and auto channels with not much difference (in my area).

I haven't been able to fly much with boosted setup and would still have to perform more CONTROLLED boosted flights in order to give a better comparison report.

When comparing, did you swap out the birdside antennas too?

When comparing, did you swap out the birdside antennas too?

I don't have birdside mod installed on P3P. Although, I'm seriously considering it. I haven't pulled the trigger on that mod yet because of the complexity involved, but more importantly, the mixed reviews I've read.

My goal is not to fly long distances (over 1 mile). It's to be able to fly to a nearby river from the comforts of my home (back/front yard) to record/monitor it's changing landscapes due to weather (heavy rains and/or drought conditions). This is the reason why I don't fly high. Most of the area I try to film are at ground level and can't be seen with great detail at heights exceeding 150ft, hence, part of my dilemma. The other part is high resolution/bright display to clearly see details of landscapes/objects in bright sunlight...without using FPV goggles.

I think to have pcs of mind you would have to send any equipment back if it's not working perfectly. Obviously all these antennas and mods are location-based performers. But to have one with a loose connection you have to replace it.
I'm performing tests in the different stages with the standard average stock everything 5000 feet
Aver. DBS & stock bird
13000'
Stock bird & DBS boosted 40000+'
So there's no doubt that each step is an upgrade over the last!
You can follow along if you'd like, and add your own experiences.
This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

I'm sorry, after reading some of the posts here, now I'm not so sure if he was flying the standard or the P3P? Either way you have options

I don't have birdside mod installed on P3P. Although, I'm seriously considering it. I haven't pulled the trigger on that mod yet because of the complexity involved, but more importantly, the mixed reviews I've read.

My goal is not to fly long distances (over 1 mile). It's to be able to fly to a nearby river from the comforts of my home (back/front yard) to record/monitor it's changing landscapes due to weather (heavy rains and/or drought conditions). This is the reason why I don't fly high. Most of the area I try to film are at ground level and can't be seen with great detail at heights exceeding 150ft, hence, part of my dilemma. The other part is high resolution/bright display to clearly see details of landscapes/objects in bright sunlight...without using FPV goggles.
Okay, makes sense. The reason I was asking was, if you're gonna compare FPVLR with ITELITE (or DBS as some call it), to be fair, you want to have an antenna to match each setup. The stock bird antennas already match the ITELITE on the control side. But if you have FPVLR on the control side, you really need a circular polarized antenna on the bird side. That's why when you compare, the ranges seem to be the same right now. The FPVLR has the potential to send a stronger signal because it's more directional, but the antenna on the Phantom is not the best to receive it.

Good luck with your goals!

Reactions: dirtybum
You probably want something like this (fly to the 3 min mark):

Edit: There are a number of connections. What exactly came loose?

For me, the port 1 & port 2 came loose. Port 3 was solid and never have me any problems.

Do you guys think ITELITE wills till give me a replacement even though I hacked it all up trying to replace it? Or does anyone know if they have experimental panels I can try?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20