DBS antenna for P3S

Reaction score
As we know there are three inputs (two for 2.4).
Would it be acceptable if I just run two amps; and the 2.4amp only powering one of the two 2.4ghz ports?
Would this be detrimental in any way?

I'd imagine this will improve performance some which is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't do amps but if I wanted to know I would ask @dirtybum .
Maybe he will be on shortly and tell you if no one else does . That's who I would ask anyway .

Reactions: flpholt
Would it be acceptable if I just run two amps; and the 2.4amp only powering one of the two 2.4ghz ports?

Is argte mod worth gettiing.the 10 dbi version

Not sure. I researched ARGtek and ITELITE DBS mod quite extensively and determined the ITELITE was going to be worth the extra 40 bucks.
I have the p3s .by the way the dji go app crusad on a lot of people since july 5 update.hear anythig it cruses on me to and cant fly a ymore

I have the p3s .by the way the dji go app crusad on a lot of people since july 5 update.hear anythig it cruses on me to and cant fly a ymore

Wow good to know. I did not do the update and I am not going to update until this clears up.
What a mess.
The software development at DJI concerns me. Faulty apps and their firmware seems to cause more problems than it fixes. Not sure what's up with that!

Wow good to know. I did not do the update and I am not going to update until this clears up.
What a mess.
The software development at DJI concerns me. Faulty apps and their firmware seems to cause more problems than it fixes. Not sure what's up with that!

I think I am going to return get my money back . Lots of problems every day and a new problem . It reminds me of my ex wife

Not sure. I researched ARGtek and ITELITE DBS mod quite extensively and determined the ITELITE was going to be worth the extra 40 bucks.

I would just save up and spend the extra money on itelite, at least then if you're not happy you can always boost it, with argtech you don't have that option[emoji41]

Yeah you could use just one on the 2.4, it's a diversity system so it's going to gather whatever signal is strongest. You might want to boost the 5.8 also, when unboosted, I seem to lose the control signal first (5.8)
Check out this post, I think a couple guys got some serious numbers using only one of the 2.4's boosted
Boosted phantom 3 standard

Reactions: dirkclod
Yeah you could use just one on the 2.4, it's a diversity system so it's going to gather whatever signal is strongest. You might want to boost the 5.8 also, when unboosted, I seem to lose the control signal first (5.8)
Check out this post, I think a couple guys got some serious numbers using only one of the 2.4's boosted
Boosted phantom 3 standard

Awesome. I read that thread like five times. Lol.
I even posted in there and you replied to me. :)
I appreciate the help!!

I'm still unclear on the power on/off ordering though as I've read conflicting answers.

Do you power on controller and then amps? Or other way around?

Awesome. I read that thread like five times. Lol.
I even posted in there and you replied to me. :)
I appreciate the help!!

I'm still unclear on the power on/off ordering though as I've read conflicting answers.

Do you power on controller and then amps? Or other way around?

I think there's so many opinions that at this point, it's up to what you prefer. One thing we do know, is you don't want to turn on your controller unless you have antennas hooked up to it, that's not safe for the controller.
We can turn the controller on first, then amps, or the other way around. You can even turn your controller on, then turn your amps after you're in the air and 500' away , although it just seems like you'll forget to turn the amps on at that point.
Here's the habit I've gotten into,
Turn my controller on >then power my amps on >then my app > then my a/c.
Then when I land, a/c off > controller off > then amps off.
Done this countless times[emoji41]

Great answers @dirtybum !!

I think there's so many opinions that at this point, it's up to what you prefer. One thing we do know, is you don't want to turn on your controller unless you have antennas hooked up to it, that's not safe for the controller.
We can turn the controller on first, then amps, or the other way around. You can even turn your controller on, then turn your amps after you're in the air and 500' away , although it just seems like you'll forget to turn the amps on at that point.
Here's the habit I've gotten into,
Turn my controller on >then power my amps on >then my app > then my a/c.
Then when I land, a/c off > controller off > then amps off.
Done this countless times[emoji41]

Good stuff, thanks!

Reactions: dirtybum

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31