DBS and Controller Problem

Reaction score
I have searched and found many posts on transmission problems but not a lot of solutions.

I have a P3S Out of the box the best I could get was 280m range (should have sent it back right then) After fitting a DBS booster that increased to 500-650m .After posting about the problem we tried relinking etc. then final replace the u.fl to RP-SMA lead to the 5.8hz transmitter as suggested .All this was done very carefully.

Now we have a range of 5m(yes that's 5 meters) and I am unable to set the home point. Is there any way to test the transmitter output to find out if that’s where the problem is?

You didn't mention your flying environment or your country. The P3S is supposed to be what?... 1000 meters out of the box? But in Europe only half that. So if you're flying in a park in downtown London with wifi interference, 280 meters makes sense.

If you're in the middle of a corn field in Nebraska, you should be getting your 1000 meters, and if not, you likely have a warranty claim.

But you might have lost that opportunity if you opened the controller and fiddled with the cables.

If your aircraft doesn't sense a control signal, it's going to flash yellow and it won't find your home point. So this too sounds like a control signal problem.

There are devices that will measure a radio signal.

Hope this helps.

Im in Australia on a 800Ha (2000a) farm .I have connection to the AC but loose signal if not pointing the DBS panel right at the AC and it goes completely at 5-7m The home point icon is not lit up on the app you touch it and nothing happens

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20