Days like these make me want to stop flying...

I live in a forest and take off and land manually in P mode, at the end of a RTH I take over control and hand catch due to the nature of the ground. Not sure what you mean about not trusting the GPS, it's the only thing saving me, along with the barometer of course. Do you land in atti mode?

I land and hand catch in ATTI on the P4P. With the sensors on I've found it will brake, re-elevate, suddenly stop, drop, bounce around a bit, re-correct, etc when it gets close to the ground. Sometimes I land on my hard case and GPS hates trying that. ATTI goes down smooth, no bouncing.

I land and hand catch in ATTI on the P4P. With the sensors on I've found it will brake, re-elevate, suddenly stop, drop, bounce around a bit, re-correct, etc when it gets close to the ground. Sometimes I land on my hard case and GPS hates trying that. ATTI goes down smooth, no bouncing.
Well I've done that once or twice for practice in an open field but not at home. Without GPS, I reckon the swirling wind through the trees here would end badly for my drone. Whatever Works for you I guess.

bsartist .....

Reading through your first post - it appears that only the App was disconnected - if the Control had been as well - it would have automatically initiated RTH.

In these situations we all tend to Panic !! I know my heart races and pounds ... so I take a deep breath ... tell myself to be calm !! Then hit S2 switch back and forth couple times to start RTH.

Other are to Flick Switch to P and it stops Autonomous modes and reverts to manual control.

I know there are functions that warn RTH will not initiate with Litchi but cannot remember the wording ... sorry ...

Nigel

bsartist .....

Reading through your first post - it appears that only the App was disconnected - if the Control had been as well - it would have automatically initiated RTH.

In these situations we all tend to Panic !! I know my heart races and pounds ... so I take a deep breath ... tell myself to be calm !! Then hit S2 switch back and forth couple times to start RTH.

Other are to Flick Switch to P and it stops Autonomous modes and reverts to manual control.

I know there are functions that warn RTH will not initiate with Litchi but cannot remember the wording ... sorry ...

Nigel
Nigel,

Yeah I analyzed my reaction to this situation. And realized that panic comes in different forms. I actually was pretty calm while it hovered without connection. I methodically and calmly went through my thought process to get reconnected. However, I was methodically going through the wrong thought process. I failed to realize that the RC was still connected and I could have ended RTH at any time while it descended. That was surely a form of panic. I didn't freeze or go frantic. I just went down the wrong road.

It made me think of Gene Kranz during the start of the Apollo 13 disaster. "Let's keep cool people... Let's not make things worse by guessin'."

When doing an RTH does toggling the P/A switch cancel it or is that just to cancel a Litchi mission?
I use RTH frequently using Go, at least to initiate coming home and then cancel when it's above me to bring it down.
But it would be nice to use the switch on the controller as a fast shortcut rather than the 2 step on screen process to cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

When doing an RTH does toggling the P/A switch cancel it or is that just to cancel a Litchi mission?
I use RTH frequently using Go, at least to initiate coming home and then cancel when it's above me to bring it down.
But it would be nice to use the switch on the controller as a fast shortcut rather than the 2 step on screen process to cancel.

I think toggling the left switch a couple times cancels it. Not the P/A/F switch.

Edit: this refers to the P3 Standard.

Last edited:
The left switch is the PAF. Unless we are talking about two different things. That's the one I was referring to
1388a805a8b810a362130e6ebd0e23c9.jpg

Another "litchi" is bad story. This isn't the app or the equipment. It's a user error my friend.

You have to move the switch to begin the mission and flip it back to regain control. Otherwise it does what it wants

Yes your correct, just switching from P mode to A mode, cancels it. Than of course you can just switch right back to P. So a click, click and that's it. That picture you posted of the remote doesn't that type of RC have a return to home button on the front?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I think toggling the left switch a couple times cancels it. Not the P/A/F switch.

Edit: this refers to the P3 Standard.
On the standard the S2 switch on the left side is what initiates a return to home. And the P/A/F (S1) switch on the right side cancels it.

Yes your correct, just switching from P mode to A mode, cancels it. Than of course you can just switch right back to P. So a click, click and that's it. That picture you posted of the remote doesn't that type of RC have a return to home button on the front?

Yes. Absolutely has the RTH button on front. How I use it. Then I usually cancel it when it's overhead & bring it down manually.
But it's a two step process on screen to cancel.
Flipping the PAF back & forth will be faster to Cancel & regain manual control.

Switching out of F (switching to A or P) will cancel an IOS such as waypoint mission but I don't think it cancels RTH. The RTH button/switch would do that.
Signal loss during waypoint mission (and probably POI) does not trigger RTH until mission completes (there's no autonomous end to POI). Not certain if after mission end during signal loss if RTH is triggered but clearly it's triggered if signal lost after mission completed.

Yes. Absolutely has the RTH button on front. How I use it. Then I usually cancel it when it's overhead & bring it down manually.
But it's a two step process on screen to cancel.
Flipping the PAF back & forth will be faster to Cancel & regain manual control.

As I have the P3S and not the P3K and have a different RC, I thought the RTH button on the front both initiates and cancels the RTH ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94