Day 2 - broke off camera - what now?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My second flight with the Phantom 2 Vision+ and I stupidly flew too close to the house and knocked it in to the house and it fell 6 foot to the patio. Schoolboy error I will admit. The camera snapped off and the thin black ribbon cable sheared off.

Is it really the case that it's £491 (GBP) for a whole new camera and no other options?! How can it be that expensive and how is it not possible to repair these things? I've read the forums but does DJI not assist or offer spares or repairs at sensible prices?

It's only going to be a matter of time, surely, before I crash it again, albeit I won't fly so stupidly close to the house etc.

Presumably if I use a GoPro and mount then I'd lose the option of seeing the camera footage live on the DJI app?

I find it hard to believe, apart from how profitable it must be and how they have us by the short and curlies, that DJI and their dealers insist on a whole £500 replacement camera and that there's not even a trade-in for bits they might be able to recover.

Aparently you can find replacement ribbon cables from time to time on eBay. Albeit seriously overpriced but less expensive than replacing the entire camera. Quite mind boggling that you're charged a whole new camera to replace the little cable that connects it to the quad! Kind of like if Canon would charge the price of a new camera if the USB cable broke... Kinda sic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers