Date or time stamp imbedded in videos

Reaction score
I know that there is a date/time stamp embedded in still photograph data, is there the same information embedded in the video I take with my drone?
Just curious. Wonder if government could use this info to find out when a video was taken.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The video is a computer file, so the file itself will have a date assigned to it, right? But the video itself is just raw video. To get the date embedded on the video image, you'd have to use software to overlay the date, and you'd do that later after the flight.

I've been looking for this. On photos, you have embedded EXIF tags with GPS and date / time info. There seems to be nothing like this for video. I was hoping the Phantom stores video start / stop in some other flight telemetry log but so far I don't see any indication of that. Kind of crazy that they haven't found a way to provide this obvious user requirement.

I only have a P2V so I can't comment on what the P3/4 logs have. But if you use Litchi, you can overlay the GPS and running date / time of the video onto your video.

Attachments

• June 19 2016 AM - Run NW - REDO.mp4_snapshot_04.14_[2016.06.25_06.22.11].jpg
    June 19 2016 AM - Run NW - REDO.mp4_snapshot_04.14_[2016.06.25_06.22.11].jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 461

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik