data overlayed on maps

Reaction score
I have seen people posting maps with data overlaid on them. It shows height etc.. its similar to the flat maps with lines, but the lines are in the air if it makes sense.. I cannot find a sample to show. Does anyone have any idea what im talking about or how to replicate it? lol

That's data from a KML file. You can create a KML file by uploading your logs here.

thanks for the link and the information, i was referencing where you have a line on the map but your looking from ground level and the line goes up in the air as you ascend and descend if that makes any sense.

Yep. It makes perfect sense. That line is drawn with KML data. It's an XML file that contains a list of points and altitudes.

Reactions: dewaynet
What do you want to do with it? If you just want to view it, you can install Google Earth and open the KML file to view it.

What do you want to do with it? If you just want to view it, you can install Google Earth and open the KML file to view it.
Thanks, yes that answers my question. Once a KML file is created, I had no idea how to make any use of it, and the OP'S question asked how to put the data over a map, so I wondered what the next step was.
Thanks again msinger!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr