Data Loss problems with P3A

Reaction score
Hi,

New user here, been loving the P3A for a few months and enjoying the learning curve! Up until now it's been plain sailing, but I've hit a hitch with my last two outings. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what has happened.

Short version:
  • Outing one (last week): in dense bush at low level, I got intermittent 'transmission signal lost' messages even though I had 5 bars of signal strength. I wasn't too worried as I thought it was just a result of the tree interference, but then:
  • Outing two (today); in clear air and with no obstructions, i got the same message only this time it wasn't intermittent. I lost video feed and had to fly it back by sight only. It occurred at 73ft altitude and 276ft distance away, over water. As I flew it back, I got signal back momentarily.
I uploaded my log from today's flight to healthydrones and it doesn't make for pretty reading - lots of red! Here's a link:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Any advice greatly appreciated. I'm taking this as a warning shot and I'm keen to learn as next time I may not recover it.

Did you update RC and drone to latest firmware? I updated every thing and I am having same issues as you, total RC signal loss at about 60mtrs.

No, I'm still using the previous firmware.
I spoke to DJI and they told be to rebind the controller and 'fly low'...not very confidence inspiring.
I'm having a play with custom channels and reducing data bitrate now in the hope that it will help. I'd really like a definitive diagnosis (and solution!) to give me confidence back!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik