data link lost

Reaction score
I was flying here in florida for the first time, did a compass calibration and all well. I was using goggles via the HDMI and when I got back close to shore I took the goggles off. The HDMI disconnected from the goggles and the second that happen I got on my phone which was connected Video signal lost with rah option. I was only about 50 yards from shore so I was able to easily just fly it in LOS. I didn't try to restart the go app, probably should have, but I was over water so got a little concerned.
Should the video signal to the phone all disconnect when the HDMI goggles disconnect? I know there was no reason for the data loss since I was so close other the when the goggles unplugged and show video lost instantly on the phone. I thought the phone would still keep the image. I know in the past when the goggles died and ran out of batteries, the video feed was still on my phone.

Did it mess up this time because the actual HDMI cord was pulled out?

HDMI and USB are two independent video streaming channels and one doesn't affect other. The critical part is that HDMI module is so small to handle two cables unless they are properly supported. I use cable ties/ external 90 deg bend adapter to ensure that there are no stresses on to the ports on the HDMI module. Unnecessary stresses will lead to failure or disconnection of the cables during flight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digdat0 and NRJ

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj