Data failure after 1.5hrs from new

MVD

Reaction score
Could use some help here please. Brand new Phantom 2+ V.3. App connected just fine after initial setup and cals. Now all of a sudden, bird says good to go (green lights flashing) yet the app only shows me the camera image, no GPS data at all. All I can do at this point from the app is tell it to record. There is no control of the camera up or down movement. It shows that an SD card is installed as well. There is no GPS data or battery data from the bird at all any more.

The GPS is however working as I can still fly the bird in GPS mode.

FYI, the whole thing started with intermittent WiFi losses.

Did that, also tried it on two other devices. All act the same, so I am fairly sure it is not the app. The fact that I am communicating with the camera at least, I tend to think it is not the extender either. Sadly, I think it is the Phantom itself. Beginning to wonder with all the horror stories I am reading about DJI's support, that I may not just be better off returning it and going with something else. :(

Had the whole thing apart and checked every cable I could find. :) I did get an overheat error when I ran the update on the IMU.

When I opened mine up to do antenna relocation I checked all the wiring and a few of the connectors inside seated a bit better and "clicked" all the way in when I pushed on them.
One was on the Wi-Fi module and one was on a **** ESC.

Not saying this is your problem but it is worth checking to make sure all plugs are seated properly... like Meta4 said, on top of the gimbal housing under the battery... and also inside the bird if you don't mind opening it up... the other option is sending it in for service.

I meant check the connections in the gimbal base - rather than inside the Phantom.
When they are not properly connected the cause the exact symptoms you mentioned - lack of telemetry.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20