.DAT files ; what information do they contain?

Reaction score
When selling a phantom 3 on ebay besides obviously erasing the SD card what else should be done?

I understand there are .dat files internally on the phantom 3 that contain flight data, but what are the specifics of this data? I'm assuming things like altitude, distance, voltages, duration, any errors; but what else? Are there actual GPS coordinates showing flight paths that have been flown? ; or is all that just stored remotely within the DJI GO app?

I'm wondering could these .dat files be looked at by anyone and determine locations where the quad has been flown? Finally is clearing the flight recorder the same as deleting these .dat files?

Last edited:
When selling a phantom 3 on ebay besides obviously erasing the SD card what else should be done?

I understand there are .dat files internally on the phantom 3 that contain flight data, but what are the specifics of this data? I'm assuming things like altitude, distance, voltages, duration, any errors; but what else? Are there actual GPS coordinates showing flight paths that have been flown? ; or is all that just stored remotely within the DJI GO app?

I'm wondering could these .dat files be looked at by anyone and determine locations where the quad has been flown? Finally is clearing the flight recorder the same as deleting these .dat files?

No known way to delete them, and yes, they show exactly where you've been and how long you spent there.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj