.DAT file for the P4?

I was able to decompile Android version of DJI GO 3.0.1 and to find a part of the code, where the "Enter flight data mode" button is being hidden for P4
I edited it and compiled it back into apk file
I was able to install it and run it on my phone
but I have P3A

so question is, if there is any volunteer with P4, who would install this apk on his phone and try to look, if that button is there and what will happen after click on it
there is a chance that P4 will then go into the flight data mode just like P3 goes and that those DAT files could be retrieved via USB

I can try. But in DJI Go for the Mavic, the button is still there. I think they forgot to remove it. When pressed, it goes into data mode, but when you then connect the USB cable to the computer, all you see are the external SD contents. And since there's only 1 USB port, there's nothing else...

I do have some P4 DATs from the internal SD card though. I thought these were unusable or un-decodable anyway?

I can try. But in DJI Go for the Mavic, the button is still there. I think they forgot to remove it. When pressed, it goes into data mode, but when you then connect the USB cable to the computer, all you see are the external SD contents. And since there's only 1 USB port, there's nothing else...

I do have some P4 DATs from the internal SD card though. I thought these were unusable or un-decodable anyway?
I sent you the link
DAT files are the BudWalker's playground, so I can't answer you that question
But from his posts I got a feeling that P4's DATs have similar structure like P3's DATs and that they are readable, but some modifications will have to be done to his tool.

Could anyone provide me with a p4. dat directly from the internal sd card? I don't have access to a p4 to get the file to decode. Many thanks in advance. @BudWalker?

Last edited:
DatCon now works for P4 .DAT files. To obtain a copy go here. This is a beta version. If you encounter errors please post them here.

To retrieve a P4 .DAT file use DJI Assistant 2 and go to the Flight Record tab. After confirming that it's OK to put the P4 in Flight Data mode a list containing the recent flights will appear. Select just the Flight Control File of the incident flight and then press Save To Local. Ultimately a file with a name something like DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE[2016-10-27 22-40-28].DAT will be created.

Presently, the following fields are missing; 1) smart battery info, 2) control stick info, and 3) motor data. Documentation on this can be found at the bottom of .csv Column Descriptions

A version of CsvView that works for P4 .DAT will be distributed in a few days.

I don't own a P4. If someone could provide me with a P4 .DAT and it's corresponding .txt (from the Go App) that would allow me to find some more fields.

Also, if someone could volunteer to perform a test to obtain the motor data that would help. Check out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
to see what it would entail. PM me if you're interested in doing this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hans 75
DatCon now works for P4 .DAT files. To obtain a copy go here. This is a beta version. If you encounter errors please post them here.

To retrieve a P4 .DAT file use DJI Assistant 2 and go to the Flight Record tab. After confirming that it's OK to put the P4 in Flight Data mode a list containing the recent flights will appear. Select just the Flight Control File of the incident flight and then press Save To Local. Ultimately a file with a name something like DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE[2016-10-27 22-40-28].DAT will be created.

Presently, the following fields are missing; 1) smart battery info, 2) control stick info, and 3) motor data. Documentation on this can be found at the bottom of .csv Column Descriptions

A version of CsvView that works for P4 .DAT will be distributed in a few days.

I don't own a P4. If someone could provide me with a P4 .DAT and it's corresponding .txt (from the Go App) that would allow me to find some more fields.

Also, if someone could volunteer to perform a test to obtain the motor data that would help. Check out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
to see what it would entail. PM me if you're interested in doing this.

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and just found your message. I'd love to help you out with some P4 data. I don't seem to be able to PM. As stupid as it sounds, I just don't find the button. Maybe you can help me so I can help you?
Jörg

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and just found your message. I'd love to help you out with some P4 data. I don't seem to be able to PM. As stupid as it sounds, I just don't find the button. Maybe you can help me so I can help you?
Jörg
I just now sent you a PM by starting a conversation with you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers