dashware

Reaction score
can anyone help with this..i load the video and the flight record but the video wont load at all..its driving me nuts...thnks in advance could really use help on this one

You load the video. What exactly did you do?

You load the flight record. What exactly did you do?

Please tell us exactly what you're doing. Please be specific.

i start new project then i add the video from the sd card then i add the flight record after i convert it to a csv file...i should get video right away but i dont..no video at all....i tried a trial version of 1.5.1 i got video right away but with a watermark and it wont let me do anything else ..i kinda knew that..it being a trial version..1.7.37 was supposed to be free..

Dashware is free, so I don't know anything about a trial version.

You're on a desktop right?

First thing you need to do is transfer or copy the video file from the SD card to your desktop computer's hard disk. Same with your CSV file. Pay attention to what folder they're being copied to so you can find them later.

Once it's on your hard disk, load dashware, load your project or start a new project. How you go about constructing your project, what gauges you use, etc., is completely up to you.

Next load the video file from the hard disk into your project.

Next load the CSV file from your hard disk into your project.

At this point you should see both your video and some indication of data from the CSV file.

i tried over and over again and still dont get any video im using windows 8 on a laptop....i just dont get it...the telemetry works as to altemeter and speed but no video..anyone else having this problem?would apreciate any help at all

Try rebooting your laptop. Then bring up Dashware. It doesn't behave well without clean static memory.

i tried over and over again and still dont get any video im using windows 8 on a laptop....i just dont get it...the telemetry works as to altemeter and speed but no video..anyone else having this problem?would apreciate any help at all

Are we talking about 4K video ?
I have problem with 4K video. Telemetry works fine but no video. The only solution I found was to downscale the video to non 4K. With 1920X1080, no problem.

Must be something with the video codec.

i tried what yo said and it still wont open the video..yet if i try to open it dashware 1.5.1 trial version the video loads ..i ghave tried to find the activation serial but to no avail...this is drivng me nuts..if any one at can help me sooooo apreciate it thnk you

funny thing is i loaded it on my other computer with windows vista and it opened no problem but when i try to open it in windows 8 i get no video at all

Reactions: POVoutfitters
i loaded windows 8.1 and the program works just fine..obviously windows 8 doesnt like dashware....i want to thnk the people above for trying to to help me i do apreciate .t..thnks again

Results of some experimenting with Dashware

I normally shoot 2.7k/24fps/MOV with my P3A and I wanted to fire up Dashware, which I haven't used in about a year. The video loaded fine and I was able to use a CSV overlay (from healthydrones) for gauges. It all played back fine in DW, but in trying to create a video the process stopped and I got the infamous FFMPEG error.

I thought it was a Windows 10 thing - I don't think I've used DW since upgrading. So I tried a little experiment.

First I tried a couple of MOV -> MP4 converters. No joy. I tried a couple of W10 FFMPEG solutions. Again, no joy. Then today I tried a few different formats and got these results:

- 2.7k MOV and MP4 will play in DW but creating a video doesn't work

- 1080p MOV and MP4 worked at all frame rates

I have not tried (yet) to take a 2.7k file and down convert to 1080p outside of DW and see if that works.

Edit: This did work using Brorsoft Video Converter for Windows

Last edited:
I'm also trying to use dashware and can load my videos to it fine, but I cant figure out how to convert my flight log from .txt to something that the dashware can use. I downloaded DatCon to convert flight log data but cant find any .DAT files to convert, only .txt files. Can anyone help me out please, any advise would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I use healthydrones. There's an app that uploads your txt files and provides analysis of the logs. From healthydrones you can download a csv to import into dw.

Ok, thanks for the help. I got the data from my phone to convert with healthy drones just fine and work on dashware. I just want more detailed data and information directly from my bird, but cant seem to get my AC's .DAT files to convert over to something dashware can use, at least using datcon anyway.

Basic, first question:

Before you load the video file into Dahware, have you tried to watch the video file on this same computer?

This will help prove that the video file is not corrupted and/or that your system has the codecs installed to actually view these files.

I use the HealthyDrones app to automatically upload my flight data, if I'm using DJI Go OR I use the built in interface in Litchi.

I then download the converted data set from the HealthyDrones website.

Rob
Huntsville, AL
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers