Dashware problem

Reaction score
I am having trouble with Dashware.

It worked fine on my computer running XP. Unfortunately my hard drive crashed. I did a restore from April, before I got my Flytrex and Dashware.

Now when I try to make a video with Dashware, it crashes gives this error

I have written to Dashware, with less than helpful advice

I installed Dashware with on a laptop with Windows 7 and get the same error.

Now I'm stumped. Any ideas?

I'm using videos made from GoPro Studio 2.

Attachments

• Runtime Error.JPG
    Runtime Error.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 646
i've got exactly the same issue, & also the same having no joy via there support (asked for a sample video which i supplied, not heard from since 28th October). I assumed it was my computer as i'm using Windows 8 so was about to get it wiped & start again, probably wait now

I got it fixed! I removed Dashware (version 1.6.3), used regeit to remove the keys for it, installed version 1.5.1, which I found I still had on my hard drive. Success!

i've only got version 1.6.4, but funnily enough i got a video to save. Quite a few differences from the first video attempt that still won't save. Still nothing from Dashware

any chance you can share/send me 1.5.1

http://loadmastervideos.com/Dashware1.5.1.zip

Open Dashware, click on "About Dashware" and "Deactivate Dashware". Then use Control Panel's "Add and Remove Programs" to remove Dashware. I went into Regedit (Start, Run, Regedit) and deleted the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Software - Dashware.

Then install 1.5.1 and Activate it.

You can only run 3 copies of it and if you don't deactivate it before removing it, it will count as one instance and when you activate it after reinstalling, that will count as a 2nd instance.

You might get away without doing the regedit thing. When I removed Dashware and installed it again, it crashed upon startup

I had to rename the exe file to a zip file to get it to upload. When you unzip and run it, it will unzip the files and run setup.exe

I have no idea if regedit can be run in Windows 8 or how to do it if it is different. I have XP and have also used regedit in Windows 7 and Vista. It is a VERY powerful program, so be careful with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj