Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Dashware Output

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by DBeard, Aug 31, 2014.

1. DBeard

Anyone know what Dashware is doing as far as compression? It's horrible! If I take it in for compositing into Premiere, or even try to use Sorenson Squeeze to convert prior, it takes 24 hours for 15 minutes of video. That's outrageously long. I don't have this problem with any other source I work with. For this reason I'm about to dump Dashware, cannot get a response from their support team.

2. rrmccabe

Yea Dashware support sucks and they never respond. Ever.

But as far as your issues, I dont have the fastest machine but I am creating video from Dashware and bringing it into Premiere with no issues. A 15 minute video might take about 20 to 30 minutes.

3. DBeard

I would like to say, I was contacted by a support person at Dashware. They were pointed to this thread by a reader of the forum which is an acquaintance. I thought it was pretty respectable, that although my original communication was lost; they followed up from an obscure thread to ensure I was happy and operational. I will also say, I've further bench marked my system in Adobe CC stuffs, and it's Dashware that is the problem.

Takebacks!

4. rrmccabe

Yea me too. Dashware says they are looking into an issue with their support system.

So sounds like a technical glitch and not that their support "sucks" as I had mentioned :)

5. DBeard

Well, I've continued to try and contact Dashware for some further refinement on what the hell are they doing for compression; I guess my emails are getting lost. So I'm posing here.

It's horribly slow to convert. I've tried lowering/raising the qualities. I've used Adobe, Sorrenson and a few other non-name brand compression utilities. Until it's corrected Dashware is useless to me, as I can't afford 12-25 hours for 15minutes of vid.