Dashware no longer downloading products????

RCF - DRONE said:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/08sqz6nhkf6qexb/Dashware%20Guages.rar?dl=0

I have 15 guages Downloaded before they shut down... Follow the DropBox link... feel free to take and share.... (I know I have others, just have to find them)

Thank you for the share, some nice gauges there. If you made them yourself - keep up the good work!

That's what makes this forum special!

Kev the Frog said:
RCF - DRONE said:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/08sqz6nhkf6qexb/Dashware%20Guages.rar?dl=0

I have 15 guages Downloaded before they shut down... Follow the DropBox link... feel free to take and share.... (I know I have others, just have to find them)

Thank you for the share, some nice gauges there. If you made them yourself - keep up the good work!

That's what makes this forum special!

No, they are not mine, I cannot take the credit, I would love to give credit to the makers; but I cannot since Dashware shut down. I am brand new to Dashware, but I do have plans on modifying some of these to my liking (no reason to start from scratch and try to re-invent the wheel)... I just don't wanna see something good, go to the trash.... Credit from me goes out to "iam afraid Dave" for all of his work... :D

The race render gauges look like crap !!!

They need lots of tweaks to get a good looking gauge.

I'm sticking with my DashWare for the time being, I'm comfortable with it, and hope to see them again

Fdnyfish said:

I'm sticking with my DashWare for the time being, I'm comfortable with it, and hope to see them again

I read some of their post last week and I think their main concern was to not get involved with something that is non-supported. I never took anything from that they were out to put something together that competes with any other format. Whether it's ugly or not, for me it's all about applauding the group that put out the effort to do something that works for them.

Btw Fdnyfish, is it you that makes some of the dashware gauges, plus more?

Does anybody have the install file ? I have dashware installed.. but I need to load it up on my new laptop.. I can't find install file anywhere :(
Its version 1.6.3

*edit* Went to dashware site.. says I can download 1.6.5.. Will see if that works on the new laptop...
works on the old laptop... hopefully I don't need previous versons to do a fresh install with 1.6.5 ugprade..
If anyone has dashware_1.6.3.exe still in there download folder please let me know!!

flyNfrank said:
Fdnyfish said:

I read some of their post last week and I think their main concern was to not get involved with something that is non-supported. I never took anything from that they were out to put something together that competes with any other format. Whether it's ugly or not, for me it's all about applauding the group that put out the effort to do something that works for them.

Btw Fdnyfish, is it you that makes some of the dashware gauges, plus more?

Yes sir

justin00 said:
Does anybody have the install file ? I have dashware installed.. but I need to load it up on my new laptop.. I can't find install file anywhere :(
Its version 1.6.3

*edit* Went to dashware site.. says I can download 1.6.5.. Will see if that works on the new laptop...
works on the old laptop... hopefully I don't need previous versons to do a fresh install with 1.6.5 ugprade..
If anyone has dashware_1.6.3.exe still in there download folder please let me know!!

Just follow instructions in this thread to get DashWare to work. I just tried it on a virtual machine running Windows 10 preview and it installed no problem

@Fdnyfish
Someone advised that you may be responsible for the design of some custom gauges for Dashware... If so, and if you are willing to share... is there any chance I can grab some for my own use. Dashware prevents guage downloads at the current time
Thanks
Kev

Okay. I'm going to post this one more time. My timing has been such that the first time I posted it, the forum experienced the weird post deletion, user banning episode and it dissappeared. I re-posted it and it was then wiped out with the site-restore operation. If it dissappears again, I'm going to take the hint :D !

I am copying below (with permission) my correspondence with Weston at RaceRender. I inquired with them about RaceRender as a replacement for DashWare, guage conversion, and whether they plan to broaden their support to the RC flying niche as well as the motorsports community. I found the response very positive, and wanted to share it with anyone else who may be interested.

I certainly see a reason for many to want to stay with DashWare, even with the current situation, particularly those who are vested in it with custom gauges and templates and so on. However, as someone who is starting down the lane of this kind of video work, I prefer to start with a program that is being supported, expanded, and reasonably appears to have a future over a program I can only get if I'm willing to use a hacked version, and even that is at a dead end. I have seen RaceRender updated twice in the last few weeks, with v3.1.1 specifically including gauges to start supporting the RC aviation community. The last update to v3.1.2 was just over a week ago.

Without a doubt it will take a little time to get a gauge selection comparable to DashWare, but it will get there I'm sure. I think the general community was very happy to have DashWare supporting our interests, but for whatever reason, they quit on us. I can't speculate on whether it was for a good or a bad reason, but as I have made a few attempts to contact them before looking elsewhere, the reason being good or bad is absolutely irrelevant right now. I guess I prefer to support a product that is actively showing it wants to support me and my interests. Just my two cents.

For anyone interested, here is the correcspondence:

Hi Chuck,

Although there is not a direct or automatic way to use DashWare gauges, you should be able to use RaceRender Ultimate's tools to bring in custom gauge backgrounds and otherwise customize the displays to look similar, which can then be exported as individual object files (.RRO file type), or group template files (.RRT file type), and shared with other RaceRender users (we also have a place for that on our forum here: http://forum.racerender.com/viewforum.php?f=8 ).

There are already some aviation style gauges included in RaceRender, with version 3.1.1 containing a few more enhancements for that, but they just aren't part of the pre-made templates that are presented in the menu when creating a new project. If you click the "Add" button under "Display Objects", you can then find some Airspeed gauges under the "Speedometer" group, along with Altimeter, Compass, and Climb (V Speed) under the "Gauge" group, and some Tape-style altitude and speed displays under "Enhanced Display Objects". There is also a rotating compass image in the "E Image" group. With the Ultimate edition, these can all be customized and perhaps repurposed for other data channels as well.

Going forward, I do hope to create more aviation displays to be included in RaceRender, and to make those more accessible to users, along with options for the various other non-motorsports activities that people have also been using RaceRender for.

- Weston
RaceRender LLC
[email protected]

On Jan 16, 2015, at 11:23 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Message submitted on Friday, January 16th, 2015 at 11:23 AM by 2602:304:b1ba:9350:409e:ca02:b24c:3502
Session ID: 3a21a409a83915427224c5b62d1045ed
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

Name: Chuck Bennett
Addr: [email protected]
Version: 3.1.1
Product: RaceRender Windows
MsgType: Other
OpSys: Win 7 SP1
OpSysBuild: 64-bit
SysText: PC / Flytrex Live 3G
Text: I am a quadcopter SUAV pilot. Until recently, it appears DashWare software was to SUAV flying what RaceRender is to auto racing. Both with work for the other, but they each catered to a particular niche. As I'm sure you are aware, DashWare has gone under, and that product is no longer available/supported. Many SUAV enthusiasts are turning to RR since the loss of DW. I was wondering if the multitude of guages from DW that were oriented more towards flying are adaptable to RR? Is there a conversion process they can be processed through, or do you have a user friendly editor in RR that would allow the guages to be imported and reproduced/output for RR?

Also, do you anticipate future revisions of RR to offer support to the niche market of SUAV flyers?

Thanks very much!

Chuck Bennett

Did you get it to work with the 1.6.3 upgrade/installer file ? did you have a previous version installed ?
Its working with 1.6.3...pretty easy to install.. just keep clicking next.. same with 1.6.5 lol..
Just wondering if 1.6.5 installer will work if I don't hve a previous version installed... guess i'll try today.

curious to see what the instructions say.. cause yeah you just keep clicking next heh..

*edit* Oh its the get a cracked version... I have a key.. thanks for that anyways :)
Fdnyfish said:
justin00 said:
Its version 1.6.3

Just follow instructions in this thread to get DashWare to work. I just tried it on a virtual machine running Windows 10 preview and it installed no problem

I installed the hacked version of Dashware successfully. However, I can't seem to load in a video. It allows me to choose a video, but it doesn't appear on the left hand side of the Dashware display. Has anyone else run into this? Running the hacked Dashware 1.6.5 on Windows 7 64bit.

to shlepr:
This is not a problem with the hacked version of DashWare.
I also had this problem and I know that this is a very common problem with this app.
What you can do is to install full version of the K-Lite codec pack (or your other favorite codec pack) - http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details ... _full.html
or try to convert your video file into different format (different codec not container).

P.S.
I do not know if anyone is interested in that but I found archival page with a list of DashWare gauges to download.
Unfortunately download option is not working :(
http://web.archive.org/web/201406291516 ... ad-gauges/

Ooo the upgrade 1.6.5 is full version.. dont need previous versions to install/use :)

So if anyone needa it on new PC for e.g can just use 1.6.5 "upgrade" file.

Think it gives you trial if you don't have key, but cant export vids... need the hack people mention if you dont have the key.

I noticed that if you are installing only upgrade version 1.6.5 without installing previous version then you have less DLL files in your DashWare home directory.
I don't know if these files are just junk or they are important but I have a feeling that the lack of some DLL files may cause the no video problem described by shlepr.

P.S.
The cracked version contains all the DLL files from the old version of Dashware.

I_am_afraid_of_Dave - Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the K-Lite codecs, but still no luck in getting the video into Dashware. Is there something that I am missing? Something else I need to do to my video before loading it into Dashware? I can view the video just fine outside of Dashware using RealPlayer.

Thanks!

Here is my try at RaceRender3. It is a big learning curve.

Give it a few minutes as it's still processing 1080P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGHhWgAbaXk[/youtube]

Fdnyfish said:
Here is my try at RaceRender3. It is a big learning curve.

Give it a few minutes as it's still processing 1080P

Nice video. I have no working experience with either DashWare or RaceRender yet, but am about to buy RaceRender Ultimate. Have you worked with DashWare as well? If so, does RR have any major downfalls when compared to DW? Any major improvementsbenefits over DW? Just curious as to how anyone with experience on both applications would say they compare.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers