Dashware / life coach

Reaction score
I'd like to tell you a story and ask you for help

It's about dashware...

I know you've probably heard this one before but since I can't fix it I'm thinking I'll ask you guys what computer you're using and maybe I could just get the same one???

Ok here goes
Never been able to use dashware, my first computer was too old so I bought another about a year ago. Finally got around to installing dashware and for the first time ever was able to import video, CSV files, add gauges, etc. But when I went to create video it crashes every time. So I looked on all forums I could find, called go pro etc. I have tried saving the file from the bird in mp3, also in lower resolution than 4k, I've added sound as per somebody's suggestion, tried outputting the file at 50% quality etc. Reinstalled the software a few times... I know nothing about computers, i don't even know if I'm on windows 10 -but since it's not working I probably am.

So I give up it's been like 50 hours of my life I've been trying to fix this problem...

So instead can anybody tell me the make and model of a laptop computer that they are using right now with dashware and I'll try and pick one up secondhand??? Or does anybody know anybody that could make dashware work on my year old laptop for a fee of course...

Thank you!
M

Hi, which version of Dashware are you using? They released a new build very recently - build 1.9.0, which appears to fix the issues with Win 10. I did a quick test with a 2.7k MOV and it rendered fine

Educate me please. Why do you guys use Dashware for?

Oh yes but where do you use such videos? Do you get Live view?

I've not used it, but I don't believe it is for live view.
I think you just use it for your own enjoyment, or you can use it on videos that you will post online for other viewers to see.
Seems to be more of a novelty than anything else.

Hi
I'm using the dashware program that I downloaded from their website. I assume it's the latest version but I will check and see. What computer are you using please maybe I can buy the same one secondhand...

For those who don't know about dashware it's the only program that allows you to overlay data on top of your video. Some other programs kinda do the same thing but not really, more for car racing than aviation and so their data gauges really suck. I can't speak for others but watching my flights again with the gauges added adds a whole other level of enjoyment to the experience. Being able to see at any moment how far away you were, how high up you were, how fast I was going etc is super cool and the gauges kinda recreate the whole cockpit vibe thingy which is kinda why I like flying these things...!

If anybody reads this and can get dashware to work on their computer please tell me what kind of computer it is please...

Thanks
M!

The latest version of dashware is 1.9.1
The issue your are crashing when you try to render the video, is because your source video file has no audio in it. I discovered this bug and I have been talking with dashware to fix this issue.

Here is a workaround in the mean time
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

First of all, I have been away from this forum for some time and it is good to see "fdnyfish" here and still producing quality tips and tricks for the users here. He deserves a big THANK YOU for all his input. It is good to see the new version of Dashware working again as well.
Now my ancient memory needs a kickstart. How do you use the ".dashware" file. I have several with some of the earlier gauges that are really interesting but I can't seem to recall how to get them into the system.
Thanks
KentM

I seem to go from bad to worse with this Dashware. I downloaded the new version and proceeded to install it but the warning that "Dashware is already running". It wasn't running but I went to Programs and Features and uninstalled ver 1.9.0. Then tried the install again only to get the same message.
Out of desperation, I went to the registry and deleted every instance of the word Dashware and dashware. I found some entries each time.
I then restarted the computer and installed again only to get the same message.
Now what???
KentM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan