Dashware Issues

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with the video not showing when a clip is opened in Dashware? Just installed my Flytrex yesterday and made a quick flight today to give it a try. I installed the Dashware demo but cannot see any video after opening a clip. PC is running Windows 8 which from what I've read shouldn't be an issue. I've followed the suggestions in the Dashware FAQ (uninstall/reinstall Quicktime, install KLite codec pack etc etc) to no avail. I then installed it on an older Win7 pc and it works fine... but this machine struggles with HD video so I'd prefer not to use it.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Initially I was testing it on a Windows 7 VM running on the Mac. Now I run it native in Win 8.1 and have not had a problem. Have been using since Feb 2014.

So bizarre... I still can't get this to work. Dashware says to run the Windows Media Player fixer from Microsoft... Guess what? It's not Win8 compatible. Argh!

Are there any decent alternatives to Dashware? I played around with RaceRender a little bit and it works ok (and is even a little cheaper than Dashware), but their selection of gauges and such is mainly aimed at the automotive side of things.

Find and install the latest 64bit or 32bit (depending on your system) FFMpeg.exe files from the Interweb and put them in the Dashware folder (post-dashware install). Overwrite the original. Then relaunch Dashware and see if that fixes it. Worked on mine. (Win 8.1 w/64bit).

Sounds to me like a video card or driver issue. Pretty sure it's nothing to do with Dashware.

I am having similar issues. I have tried the KLite codec with no luck so far editing. Only a black screen/no video. That said, has anyone had success editing Dashware output files with the Microsoft Media Foundation option in 60fps. It is the output type I used for 30fps and edited in Vegas with no issues. Now it shows good for 1s then highly pixelated for the duration.

Last edited:
go to healthydrones.com..upload the text file you need..after that you can download the text file as a csv file...thts the format dashware uses

I'm still on 8.1 and Dashware is still working perfectly for me. I can use Litchi or Flytrex data files - or both.

I am having the same issue with my Windows 10 desktop. However, on a whim, I downloaded Dashware to my laptop and it works on it. It is Windows 10 as well so I cannot figure out why it works there and not on my desktop.

I am having the same issue with my Windows 10 desktop. However, on a whim, I downloaded Dashware to my laptop and it works on it. It is Windows 10 as well so I cannot figure out why it works there and not on my desktop.
Because you don't yet have the Anniversary Build on your laptop?

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie