Darn...the "Return Home" and "Land Now" button look too much the same

Reaction score
was out about 500 feet, decided to come home as it was just a little too windy. Decided to just hit "Return to home" and quickly said yes.

Saw the bird start to defend...crap....i did land now not return to home. I was able to cancel and bring it home, but that is like the 4th time I almost made that mistake.

Reactions: Surfshop
You could also initiate RTH by toggling the S2 switch down and up twice.

Most seasoned pilots don't use the RTH button much, and my advise is not to use it as a way to get it home (especially in high winds). Just because they have it there, doesn't mean it's the best way to fly it home. It's always better to just fly it manually back. And again, in high winds it's a good way to lose your drone because it only flies back at 2/3 power in RTH mode.

was out about 500 feet, decided to come home as it was just a little too windy. Decided to just hit "Return to home" and quickly said yes.

Saw the bird start to defend...crap....i did land now not return to home. I was able to cancel and bring it home, but that is like the 4th time I almost made that mistake.

Almost crashed my Mavic Pro with "Land Now" thinking I had tapped on RTH. It began to descend straight down towards a canal. Tried to cancel but the cancel command failed! Had to force the Mavic to ascend, while fighting the descent, and then fly it to safe landing area.

With the standard the signal will be better going away than coming back so a lot of times if I know I'm close to max distance I'll hit rth and then cancel it once I get back into good signal range. And yes the 2 buttons in the app are to close together and look way to similar,I've hit the wrong one by accident a couple times

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

What's the land now button? Not sure I've ever seen that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj