Dark rolling lines in captured video

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced dark lines every once in a while on their captured video? I'm flying a p3p, set to 4K auto exposure.

Thanks!

Care to link to a sample video?

It's probably prop shadows. Post a video and I will confirm.

Reactions: Airgoz
I had the lines in my video for the first time last weekend. I was flying a mission planner mission with my camera focused on points where the sun was shining through my props while flying sideways. From what a read a filter might help those instances.

It's probably prop shadows. Post a video and I will confirm.
I'll try to clip and post some videos later, I'm traveling home after a hunting trip today. So you think the angle of the sun causes shadows from the propellers and that shadow hits the camera lens causing the video artifact of dark lines rolling across the video briefly (for a second or two) depending on the vehicle attitude?

Are you viewing video directly off the sd card or through the DJI go app that's cached?

So you think the angle of the sun causes shadows from the propellers and that shadow hits the camera lens causing the video artifact of dark lines rolling across the video briefly (for a second or two) depending on the vehicle attitude?
It's possible. This is what prop shadows look like:

Reactions: Garret Pearl
It's possible. This is what prop shadows look like:

Cool. Yes, I think that is exactly what is causing the artifact. I guess that if I were taking video or pictures professionally I'd plan the shot to avoid such things, but when just flying for fun and capturing video, no harm done. I just wanted to be sure there was not a problem with my bird or camera. Thanks for sharing that MSinger!

I guess that if I were taking video or pictures professionally I'd plan the shot to avoid such things
In most cases, using ND filters fixes it.

Yeah I had issues with lines. After tons of hours I finally found the the problem. In my situation it was a bad wire harness that plugs into the vps and the flat ribbon cable for the camera/gimbal harness. These just went bad as the aircraft was never crashed or even hard landed.

Moving wire harness and/or plug connectors while recording would show the interference.

little after 3 minutes the lines start to show up.
are theese the lines you were talking about?
how do you get rid of them?
here is another video with more lines in it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl