Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Dang, lost the RC power port plug.

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by timmer, Jul 10, 2015.

1. timmer

Pulled out the RC yesterday and noticed the power port cover-plug was missing. It came off this weekend but I thought it was secure enough for the few flights I did afterwards.

Well, after racking my brain yesterday I thought I'd try some earplugs that expand.

[​IMG]

So off to Walgreen's I went and found the above. It works OK with a little trimming but its not very secure.

Anyone have this happen? If so, what was your fix?

#1 timmer, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    Greg Flies likes this.
  2. robsquad

Pop in to a local garage, a bung off the end of a power steering union should do the trick

3. timmer

I'm afraid my mechanic would not know what a bung off the end of a power steering union was!

But I'll ask, as he's right down the street.

4. Chuck Young

https://www.instamorph.com/

I discovered this stuff a couple years ago and always have some on hand to do projects. It would be perfect! Amazon prime all the way.

5. John Locke

I wouldn't worry about the connector being exposed. To me that plug cover is a hassle anyway, I'd leave it open and accessible. I can't imagine anything happening to the charge port if you left it open and exposed, assuming you don't let a baby play with it, or you give a dog access to it, etc. Laptops all have a similar charge port that's left open, rarely would it be a problem.

6. F6Rider

I agree 100%, that plug is more for looks than function. You are not going to fly in the rain, or set you controller in the sand. Baring a baby or dog drooling into it there won't be a problem, just think of all the phones and laptops without a cover on the charging port, it is rarely an issue.

7. Greg Flies

Dude that's genius! I lost mine the other day and can't find a replacement anywhere! Thanks to you this is gonna be my fix! Cheers,

Greg

8. Dubbin1

Mine was missing out of the box, DJI sent a replacement. If they can send me a replacement I would guess you could purchase one directly form them.