Dang!!! Anyone know where I can find a R.C. S1 switch?

Reaction score
my remote control compass switch snapped off. Where can I buy a new remote control compass switch?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Tommy Bessinger :D

Edit; My bad guys, i meant the S1 switch. I'm still learning. Ive never broken off the S1 switch before, so is it easy to take the remote apart to replace or should I send it in? I just hate sending it in because I hate being without for a lengthy amount of time.
Thanks!!!
Tommy

Re: Dang!!! Anyone know where can I find a RC compass switch

Tommy. Can you provide a photo of what you are looking for? I don't have any switches for the compass on my Phantom so I am not sure what you are looking for.

Edit: -- Are you talking about the S1 switch?

Jaycar in Australia. 3 position toggle switch
Toggle%20Switch.jpg

I got my S1 switch replacement at Radio Shack.. Just take your broken one into the store. Recommend you read through this thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22239&hilit=+s1+switch. Double Pole Double Throw (DPDT) centre off is the type recommended for redundancy...

Catalina36 said:
Tommy. Can you provide a photo of what you are looking for? I don't have any switches for the compass on my Phantom so I am not sure what you are looking for.

Edit: -- Are you talking about the S1 switch?

Yes, sorry. It is the S1 switch.
Tommy

skyhighdiver said:
TommyBBQ said:
my remote control compass switch snapped off. Where can I buy a new remote control compass switch?
http://www.alofthobbies.com/3-position-short.html

Thank you so much for the direct link. Iv'e never taken a remote control apart and I am new at this. Any tips you can give me. I just don't want to screw it up and I'm not a tec guy, I sling BBQ for a living. lol
Tommy BBQ

Order some spare switches as they are known to fail.

take 4xAA battery out.
4 screws
Unclip from the bottom and disconnect the micro usb and battery connectors.
Carefully Slide the back piece down and the front up and this should dislodge it from the antenna part. Careful with the antenna wire.
Take photo of the switch so you can remember the colours.
Soldier
Reverse to put back together.
Run RC assist and check that the switches are corresponding to the correct positions.

TommyBBQ said:
skyhighdiver said:
TommyBBQ said:
http://www.alofthobbies.com/3-position-short.html

Thank you so much for the direct link. Iv'e never taken a remote control apart and I am new at this. Any tips you can give me. I just don't want to screw it up and I'm not a tec guy, I sling BBQ for a living. lol
Tommy BBQ

Hi Tommy. You will need to solder. Something you probably have not done before. It is not very hard, at all. You can buy a soldering kit from radio shack for $15. You can watch these amazing videos to learn how to solder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIT4ra6 ... F1F93C1837 Ignore the talk about "flux". You are just doing simple soldering of the wires to the switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20