Dancing With The Stars Intro

Reaction score
For those who have the opportunity to see last night the intro of the new season of this popular show may have recognized immediately the skill performance of a UAV operator to film that intro. I really enjoy it and at the beginning of the dance, and only for a few seconds. the UAV shadow can be seen in the backgrond.

Reactions: Mad Medic

Yes, no doubt a dual bird. There is no way a person can keep the camera that steady while flying that precise pattern. I thought it was a really incredible shot!

Reactions: phantomi
Indoors on the runway it might be a zip line for some shots as it looks like a lens with some zoom action was going on too. I don't see any tell-tale braking where a drone would rock during braking in a fast stop.

Outdoors, I wonder if it is Autopilot running in its cruise control as the pattern looks scripted other than the need to keep POI centered which I think that program does or some tap to center thing. That or a very skilled flyer along with a good editor.

Wow, very talented pilot and camera operator. It looked manually controlled to me as there were sometimes minor fixes in heading. I wonder how many takes it took to get that right.

For the indoor shots I have no doubt it was all boom rigs, cable cams, shoulder mounts, etc.

There was more discussion about it on a Facebook page I"m on. Said they ran the course 40-50 times and did 2 final takes.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1