Damaged rotor blades

Reaction score
89ffb3d3e48a076e8f1497822d420db0.jpg

Just got my pro, had a slight accident when I tipped it while on the ground. Although the damage is slight, my question is will it effect the flight dynamics of the copter?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You should replace them.

Reactions: Phantomix
Of all the things to cheap out on it wouldn't be blades for me. Just replace them & order another backup set from DJI. You would kick yourself if this thing broke up mid flight and ruined your AC over a damaged prop.

And you may wish to be sure they are OEM rotor blades(DJI). I have had hover issues with non DJI props and had to throw them in the garbage.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
what would you do?
risk your $1259 quad by using damaged propellers?
or would you rather pay about $6-$10 for new ones?
they should be good for now but order new ones as soon as you can

Yeah, thought so, I've chucked the spares on and will order new ones, thanks

Agree as to replacement - it's just not what you physically see as to any scrapes or damage on the props - it is also due to the force on the hub from the jammed prop against the ground and the motor(s) still turning. The hubs threads are made of plastic and will very easily be strained/torn/stretched at this point and as such the fit on the motor shaft will not be as reliable.

Even though we may be talking "infancy" damage at the threads - it might not be the very next flight when issues arise - but might the 2nd or 3rd etc. Like everyone here has said - weigh the consequences of a few bucks versus huge bucks!

Depending also on the amount of time the motor was trying to spin the jammed prop - it is worth having a good look at the motor copper winding (through the opening on top of motor housing) just a quick look to make sure they aren't showing any evidence of overheating (darker or even blackened areas on the copper wire - if so, that means the motor got excessively hot and burned the insulating varnish of the copper coils).

Reactions: garykeithmead1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik