Damaged phantom 2

mal

Reaction score
My 16 year old grandson and I have had the Phantom2 for about 4 weeks. We live on a small treed lot on a large lake in MA. We have had 5 crashes, once hitting a pine tree branch, then falling and sinking to the bottom of the lake. The next 2 were fairly minor but wiped out some props.

The last one was a fly away from over the lake then over my house and headed toward more lake, but instead it had a solid hit on a large tree, then dropping to the ground, 2 props wiped, the battery fell out and all vibration dampers were spread out on the ground. We put everything back together, but noticed that one prop was hitting the top of the drone. Well, that arm must have taken the blunt of the blow and the end holding the motor was bent upwards.we tried bending it down to no avail. We tested it and it flew OK but the prop was hitting the top of the drone making noise, and draining the batteries more quickly. The prop dug considerably into the top of the bird. What to do? Our solution was bend the ends of that prop upwards. We then flew again and it was like new. I may have to apply some heat to the prop to make the bend permanent.

Does anyone know where I can get a new bottom shell? That is the one with the major bend and its forcing the top upward causing the blades to hit.

Reactions: Squiddley
Shells are available on eBay. Some where around 60-65 but you may be able to find one a little cheaper. The arm on yours may be bent or the motor heated and caused the foundation to warp. Shell replacment is the correct way to repair a bent arm.

Thanks for the welcome. The sinking worked out OK in the end. It hit a pine tree at about 30', pine needles flew everywhere, the battery popped out and both fell into the water. Luckily it was close to shore and about two feet deep. I held in different directions to drain it, used a hair dryer for about 5 minutes, then put it in the sun for a few hours. Two new props and a fresh battery and up and away it went. Everything worked perfectly and I was totally amazed.

Thanks for the welcome. The sinking worked out OK in the end. It hit a pine tree at about 30', pine needles flew everywhere, the battery popped out and both fell into the water. Luckily it was close to shore and about two feet deep. I held in different directions to drain it, used a hair dryer for about 5 minutes, then put it in the sun for a few hours. Two new props and a fresh battery and up and away it went. Everything worked perfectly and I was totally amazed.

Phantom 2 vision shell.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1054343-REG/dji_cp_pt_000050_phantom_2_vision_shell.html

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20