Dallas

I live in Irving. I wanted to buy a DJI. But I've been searching for safe flying zones and haven't found many. So I was wondering if I need to buy. Where do you fly near Dallas?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I live in Irving. I wanted to buy a DJI. But I've been searching for safe flying zones and haven't found many. So I was wondering if I need to buy. Where do you fly near Dallas?

I live in the Forney area. Haven't had any issues with no fly zones except when I'm in the North Dallas area and too close to Love Field. In Irving for you DFW airport may be an issue. I really enjoy flying mine especially when we vacation in the Colorado mountains.

Look on the internet for NTDUG / North Texas Drone User Group they have Meetups, Share Expertise, and Advice on various issues.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
I live in the Forney area. Haven't had any issues with no fly zones except when I'm in the North Dallas area and too close to Love Field. In Irving for you DFW airport may be an issue. I really enjoy flying mine especially when we vacation in the Colorado mountains.
What are some of your favorite places to shoot in the Kaufman county area? I live in Forney.

What are some of your favorite places to shoot in the Kaufman county area? I live in Forney.
Hey Chase
I rarely fly in Kaufman. We have a second home in Colorado and go there a couple of times a year and fly mainly there. In Forney we have 10 acres and empty pastures all around us so occasionally fly at our place. With no worries about doing anything illegal. Usually to capture a sunset or just knock some rust off. Have you found any good places?

So have any of you got good places to fly? I live smack dab in the middle of love field and DFW nfz. There’s a tiny field by my place where I fly but can’t get good pics or video. Tried pier 121 Lake Lewisville and got hassled by security. Anyone know of a great place to get good scenery please let me know.

I’m headed down to Hill Country outside of San Antonio, canyon lake. I’m retired heading down next week from Memphis. I picked Canyon Lake for all the reasons you brought up, ever been out there?

I’m headed down to Hill Country outside of San Antonio, canyon lake. I’m retired heading down next week from Memphis. I picked Canyon Lake for all the reasons you brought up, ever been out there?

Been to San Antonio a number of times but never to the lake. I love the hill country though. Hope you have a great time. I’ll be heading to Possum Kingdom lake next week. Should be able to get some great shots there.

Any Dallas Flyers? Having trouble finding spots that aren't no fly zones.
Anyone wanna meet up this week?

Crandall, 20 minutes SE OF down town Dallas. I can do early am before 8 and weekends

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180108-170917.png
    Screenshot_20180108-170917.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 387
  • 20180108_095337.png
    20180108_095337.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 398
Reactions: Rodee34
Natural water recycle wet lands between Crandall and seagoville

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180108-170954.png
    Screenshot_20180108-170954.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 364
  • Screenshot_20180108-104305.png
    Screenshot_20180108-104305.png
    4 MB · Views: 357
  • Screenshot_20180108-090656.png
    Screenshot_20180108-090656.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 401
  • Screenshot_20180108-104341.png
    Screenshot_20180108-104341.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 344
I’m in Arlington/Mansfield area and run into the same issue...No where to fly. Heck I just want to take it over to the park and fly around in circles below tree line to get used to the P4P and can’t legally do so.. Drives me crazy!

I’d totally join if it wasn’t Facebook. Got rid of that quite awhile ago. Good luck!

I live in Mabank, I fly around Kaufman (I have 100 acres family land there) and around Cedar Creek Lake. There lots of areas out here that are class G airspace.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan