Dallas area

Reaction score
I recently got a Phantom 3, both for personal fun, and for work. My job involves involves documenting Dallas and the surrounding region visually, and portraying the region as a beautiful and magical place. I’m planning on doing some flying around the downtown Dallas area, and I was just curious if anyone can share any experiences they’ve had in the area. Have you ever been hassled by anyone when flying? Like by law enforcement? Are there any specific local laws? (I can’t find any) Do the police know what the laws are? I’m just planning on following the FAA’s basic rules; Stay below 400 ft, and at least 5 miles from airports. I’m attaching a screenshot from Don't Fly Drones Here … According to this map, Love Field’s 5 mile radius ends right at Klyde Warren Park, which is a place I’d like to fly. (Plenty of others have.)

Anyway, I’m just trying to be safe and not get in trouble, while capturing great images of Dallas!

NoFly.jpg

As Clyde Warren is right at the margin, I think if you didn't exceed the 400 ft. you'll probably be OK.
Wonder though what the take-off pattern is from runway 31R?

As Clyde Warren is right at the margin, I think if you didn't exceed the 400 ft. you'll probably be OK.
Wonder though what the take-off pattern is from runway 31R?
Go to AirNav.com Search for Dallas Love Field, or KDAL. Scroll down to 31R. It is a right pattern. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Was looking at this. The thing I notice is you are missing all of the heliports on that map. I.e. All of the hospitals. I know just outside of your map exclusion point if Methodist Dallas, Baylor Dallas Baylor Irving to the west. Just to name a couple. Go to the before you fly app to get a better understanding as to where it is cool or not cool. Just my thoughts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers