Customer service - UAV Direct

Reaction score
I have a pV2+ that after two weeks, it started to drift. After hours of trying to fix it, I opted to send it to UAV direct. It took about 6 weeks, they had to replace the flight controller.

When I received the quad back, I went out side to fly. For some reason, I couldn't connect to the camera and I did not have a green light. UAV (Nathan) was kind enough to sent me an RMA for the next day and pre pay shipping back to them in Austin after working with me over the phone.

They flew the quad for a few days and had no issues. They tried it on a bunch of phones and still had no issues.

When I received it back, It worked that evening, but the next day I was having the same problem. I sent videos and pictures. I was able to send the quad back a third time after talking to a supervisor at UAV direct. They even paid shipping. I was a difficult customer. ok I was a pain. I spoke with Terry , the second tech who took the quad apart and tied the grey camera cables in. The quad came home and I put my 32 GB sandisk card in and couldn't again get a connection or a green light. I tried two other sandisk cards and they worked

Turns out I had a bad card and this had been causing the camera issues.The second and third time the quad went back, I had taken the card out.

I want to thank Nathan, Terry and Jake for their time and patience and for helping me. Great guys who were really interested in doing the right thing for the customer. I would purchase from them anytime

Jeff

It's amazing how something like a faulty SD card can cause the havoc you had experienced. One may think of the SD card as merely hardware used to record info., and not necessarily something which may interfere with connecting to the camera as you had found.
In any regard, thanks for posting the outcome, as I'm sure it will become a very helpful piece of info. that others may look upon when diagnosing a similar issue prior to sending their quad in for repair.
Great to hear the repair center in Texas worked with you as they had on the issue, unlike the experience I had with the authorized repair center in Miami, Fl. who would not so much as return my e-mail or phone calls regarding the work they performed on my P2V+.
I had to resort to contacting DJI directly to resolve my concerns with the work performed in Miami.

Skynet1 said:
It's amazing how something like a faulty SD card can cause the havoc you had experienced. One may think of the SD card as merely hardware used to record info., and not necessarily something which may interfere with connecting to the camera as you had found.
In any regard, thanks for posting the outcome, as I'm sure it will become a very helpful piece of info. that others may look upon when diagnosing a similar issue prior to sending their quad in for repair.
Great to hear the repair center in Texas worked with you as they had on the issue, unlike the experience I had with the authorized repair center in Miami, Fl. who would not so much as return my e-mail or phone calls regarding the work they performed on my P2V+.
I had to resort to contacting DJI directly to resolve my concerns with the work performed in Miami.

I mentioned this about 6 weeks ago.. I was 15 minutes away from shipping off my entire rig to get worked on & troubleshoot the issues I was having, when I thought I would change out the SD card to see?? (I was suspect too because I noticed the card was giving me an error message) anyway I put a new card in and "Perfect Ship".. I mentioned to folks in here and friends of mine, and I got the same "raised eyebrow look of" well I really don't think that was the issue... So I pulled the new SD card out and put the bad one back in.... Broken Ship"!!!
Pulled that POC card out tossed it in trash, and put my new one in and been Happy ever since.....

Moose

Moose said:
Skynet1 said:

Moose wrote:
I mentioned this about 6 weeks ago.. I was 15 minutes away from shipping off my entire rig to get worked on & troubleshoot the issues I was having, when I thought I would change out the SD card to see?? (I was suspect too because I noticed the card was giving me an error message) anyway I put a new card in and "Perfect Ship".. I mentioned to folks in here and friends of mine, and I got the same "raised eyebrow look of" well I really don't think that was the issue... So I pulled the new SD card out and put the bad one back in.... Broken Ship"!!!
Pulled that POC card out tossed it in trash, and put my new one in and been Happy ever since.....

Skynet1 wrote:
I must have missed that post, it's a full time job keeping track of all the info coming across the board, but there's always something to learn, so that's nice. Changing out the card will be first on my list should I have similar problem at some point. Most people would let sleeping dogs lay, and not have disturbed anything once they had things working again, glad you confirmed it was definitely the card.
Changing out the card is definitely cheaper, in the ole process of elimination route.

familyman5821 said:
I have a pV2+ that after two weeks, it started to drift. After hours of trying to fix it, I opted to send it to UAV direct. It took about 6 weeks, they had to replace the flight controller.

Curious, with 6 weeks turn around the first time and then possibly another 2 weeks on the re-return. Was this a warranty coverage or did you pay to have repaired?

Ijust bought a Phantom from Nathan yesterday. Had a problem with the wifi, went back to them this morning & took 5 mins to figure out problem. I have been there about 4-5 x's. They are a great group of people.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic