Custom Made ND filter no added weight Updated with Comparison Photos

Dataway since you are somewhat of a special person giving back to the community I just sent you a donation to help you with with your good deed. Thanks again

Reactions: Coldfire
Much appreciation to dataway for contributing in this way to our community! He's come up with a great addition to our Phantoms and is offering it to all of us barely covering his costs. This is the kind of attitude that makes communities like this great.

Thank you DrChris for the kind words much appreciated and I am just glad i can contribute to all that have helped me in this great community...

Last edited:
Reactions: Fplvert
Data way,
Wow, like night and day.
can't wait to try it out.
Thanks again, looking forward to using it.
do you have estimate how long to get to east coast canada.
Did a couple of flights this morning after chatting with you at 2.30 in the morning. Could have use that in that bright sunlight today.

do you put it behind or in front of the o ring.
at this rate, you are going to have to stock up on more gel sheets as not to disappoint fellow flyers.
In canada, it is hard to get anything. The same gel sheet costs 8 x as much and take 10 days to get here from amazon . ca

Hey candubob it was nice chatting with you..The gels I cut, since using my CNC machine, are very accurately cut to fit perfectly inside the O ring... and post to canada from experience sending to a friend I have in Ontario was 8 days...

To address the question on purchasing more Gel unfortunately I have what my friend provided me at a rather large discount and I purchased what he had, that is why i can offer to the community at this price for this High Quality Gel. As you can see from my link above on the gel i am using the cost is rather steep and I would have to raise the price but it is not out of the question if the demand is there for it I can research other avenues to get the cost down so we all can benefit.

Wanted to pass this along see what you all thought as another use for the gel...I have been conversing with Rafl and he sent me a video showing a lens hood for a go pro that looks to be made of Gel and I can setup my cnc to cut the gel correctly and use a piece of double sided tape to stick to our cameras ....

Screen Shot 2015-05-16 at 1.50.24 PM.png

Wanted to pass this along see what you all thought as another use for the gel...I have been conversing with Rafl and he sent me a video showing a lens hood for a go pro that looks to be made of Gel and I can setup my cnc to cut the gel correctly and use a piece of double sided tape to stick to our cameras ....

View attachment 19419
Pedal hoods and ND filters? You gonna be way busy Dataway!

Thank you!

Thanks Rafl I will get this designed on cut for a test and will report back with my findings...best part is it will be very light...I will do this after I get all the filters shipped out to you that have placed and order....

Thanks Dataway,
Can you post a picture of your CNC machine. Is it 3 axis and what is the max XYZ dimensions.
Just trying to see what other wicked ideas that we can come up with.
Dying to try out the filter.

Hey Candubob My CNC is homemade from parts I cobbled together form the local hardware store and the internet and is 3 Axis with a max cutting dimensions of 300mm in each of the Axis...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj