Custom Case for ItElite?

Would you buy a GoProfessional Case made for ItElite?

• Yes, a backpack

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Yes, a hard case

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It keeps coming back to the case. Bought a case for the P3 that was airline carry props not mounted. It was really nice (Pelican). Then added an unboosted Itelite so the controller wouldn't fit. Gave the case to my brother and bought a new larger case where the Itelite fits and with the props on the P3, sweet Nanuk 950 case. Now want to add your booster setup so back to square 1, RC's not gonna fit again :(
The think tank helipad backpack would have worked with all three of your setups. It's reconfigurable inside with moveable interior walls. When I got got my p4 with larger batteries than my p3, I just moved the walls to accommodate larger batteries. The RC cubby is adjustable too. I won't have a problem when I get the maxx Itelite antenna, even with amps.

Reactions: Santiego
Hello,

I'm interested in the range extender and the foam insert, but just a little new to some of the lingo. I have my old DJI phantom 3 hard shell case. Will that case work with the insert?

If not, please let me know which case I should get to pair with your special insert.

Thanks for being so creative Jake. Really neat to see how you're helping develop this new (to most) industry. I look forward to trying out your range extender.

Thanks,
Nareg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello,

I'm interested in the range extender and the foam insert, but just a little new to some of the lingo. I have my old DJI phantom 3 hard shell case. Will that case work with the insert?

If not, please let me know which case I should get to pair with your special insert.

Thanks for being so creative Jake. Really neat to see how you're helping develop this new (to most) industry. I look forward to trying out your range extender.

Thanks,
Nareg

I can't take full credit. One of my customers, David Bender, started the conversation with GoProfessional. I wouldn't buy anything just yet, but you would need the backpack case. I want to make sure there's enough demand for one before I place my first order and that the price is reasonable.

I would be interested as well Jake for a hard shell version if it's a go

Their P3 case fits perfectly, I don't know why they just didn't modify it for the P4...

image_zpsizh5hnjx.jpeg

I have been thinking about upgrading. If you had the backpack insert I would buy it.

I know you are in talks with Go Proffessional but other options may be Microraptorcases.com as they are (IME) eager to please and they already offer great combo deals for both the hard and soft case. I also see Nanuk offers custom foam and their 950 case is just the ticket for the deeper application...just a thought!

image.png

I have hard cases from all three, they are all nice but I think the Nanuk product may be the most durable if one were to take a sledge hammer to any of them ;)

I know you are in talks with Go Proffessional but other options may be Microraptorcases.com as they are (IME) eager to please and they already offer great combo deals for both the hard and soft case. I also see Nanuk offers custom foam and their 950 case is just the ticket for the deeper application...just a thought!

View attachment 51720
I appreciate the info! I'll look into it.

View attachment 51495

Hey guys, I'm having GoProfessional quote me on some custom case inserts that will fit the P4 with the ItElite antenna mounted on the transmitter. If there's a lot of interest for it, I will go ahead and get them ordered and put them on the website.

Attached is the drawing for a backpack insert. I don't know what pricing would be, but similar to what GoProfessional cases sell for now.

Also, thanks to David Bender for getting this started. He is currently getting one of these made for himself.
I would contact the guys at CasePro as well. They can make any custom foam and have excellent customer service. It would be good to have a second quote. We love their cases. their website is casesbysource.com

what would be nice is to look at the Fieldline Alpha Ops clone of the Rush 72 as goprofessional has done on its P3P Fieldline backpack for 129.00(thats with foam )given that foam sells for 75(replacement/upgrade) cost for the special edition goprofessional it means going from a 170.00 pack to a retail 70.00 pack(amazon)

i have seen reports that the fieldline is uncomfortable as a backpack however from at least one source..
while I understand its somewhat lower quality construction it looks to be a pretty faithful clone
its the fieldline alpha ops internal frame model and the user reports seem to be good...

comments?(I will be looking at one of these in person next week or the week after for the p3p)

hzl
hmm maybe a panel antenna slot with sma grooves and a place to the stash the external cables and wingnuts/captured bolts on all attachment points? I understand we are running out of room on your diagram?

Last edited:
So is this foam insert for the Rush 72 going to happen?

So is this foam insert for the Rush 72 going to happen?

I'm still waiting on a response from GoProfessional. They said possibly tomorrow they could have a plan and pricing.

good.. my p4 arrives on friday and was planning on ordering the maxxrange and the evo kit &foam insert next week (I have the type 72 from my p3p which is being sold)
next week.
So Jake do you have a solution for the EVO amp rig yet?..

hzl

ps be nice if gopofessional would start carrying this as a standard foam insert for the type 72..

good.. my p4 arrives on friday and was planning on ordering the maxxrange and the evo kit &foam insert next week (I have the type 72 from my p3p which is being sold)
next week.
So Jake do you have a solution for the EVO amp rig yet?..

hzl

ps be nice if gopofessional would start carrying this as a standard foam insert for the type 72..
Not yet, I was hoping to hear from them today. I'll follow up with them tomorrow.

I'm still waiting on a response from GoProfessional. They said possibly tomorrow they could have a plan and pricing.

Jake, I would take one that would fit into the Compact case with wheels!

I started this conversation with them a while back and he never got back to me really.

This would be a huge seller of you fit it to their two biggest sellers! The compact with and without wheels!

I assume the case is the biggest cost when the charge $200+ for the whole thing!

Also he should not only do this but also fix the way the P4 fits in the case he sold in the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic