Current version of Litchi: Does auto takeoff rise to height of first WP or fly inclined directly?

Reaction score
I've heard of a lot of people crashing their Phantoms because they set their first WP far off in the distance and upon takeoff the Phantom flies in a diagonal line while climbing at the same time and crashes into some obstacles in between the two locations. The official litchi documentation seems to support this and every post I read tells me this is the case, that I need to set my first WP directly over the launch point, however my experiments have had different results.

I tested out the waypoint feature in Litchi today at the park under controlled conditions in an open field. Each time I set my waypoints to a location a few hundred feet away, say at 100ft altitude, the quad would rise directly up in the air, reach 100ft, then proceed to fly horizontally maintaining that altitude to the next waypoint. For each proceeding waypoint, it would fly and change altitude moving in a diagonal. I tried 7 different missions in every way I can think of and it behaved this way each time. I could not get it to go in a diagonal on take off.

Now, I am very pleased to see this. I feel much safer than I will not crash into obstacles. I can only assume the developers changed this at some point, which is a fantastic feature. Can someone confirm that this change was made? Are there any conditions in which the quad will NOT fly straight up? I want to be sure this is exactly how it works on auto takeoff and the first WP. Don't want any surprises.

Thanks!

Honestly I wouldn't know. I set my first way point within close range of me but I take off manually to around 40' up in the go app, make sure the camera is set well, dump out of the go app and open litchi, climb to around 80'or so, play the mission and let litchi take it from there. Long and short, I take off manually as that is the safest way for me.

Reactions: NormanNormal
Mine does the same thing INITIALLY. I take off, start mission and it rises to 1st WP altitude and goes to 1st WP.
HOWEVER from there on it rises or falls to whatever altitude the following WP is set at.

Reactions: NormanNormal
Mine does the same thing INITIALLY. I take off, start mission and it rises to 1st WP altitude and goes to 1st WP.
HOWEVER from there on it rises or falls to whatever altitude the following WP is set at.

Looks like there must have been a change made as from the documentation and others experiences this was not always the case. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks for your report.

Looks like there must have been a change made as from the documentation and others experiences this was not always the case. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks for your report.
I usually set my first way point from 20-50 ft above the lake. My next waypoint(1200m across the lake) is set just above treeline and from 1st WP at 50 ft to the 2nd at 150 ft, the bird continuously rises.

I am beta testing iOS, which may be an issue with any difference however WP basics shouldn't change and none of the beta changes dealt with WP altitude.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4