Current P3 users tablet/phone guide

Reaction score
The current owners of the new phantom, would you mind telling us what devices Android or iOs you are using and how smooth/unsmooth the video feed was, also what range you did you go out to and did the feed stay consistent the whole time.

There are alot of us in limbo waiting to pull the trigger on a new device for video view.

The are a few threads asking about specific phones/tablets , so hopefully this can be a one for all thread and give us all a better idea what to spend our money on.

Thanks

Thanks. On the dji forum, someone confirmed the note 4 works very well with the video feed. The question now is a brand new nexus 7 2013 32gb for €189 or a second hand good condition note 4 for €400. The note screen is really sharp and bright outside .

I used a Oneplus One phone last night. Running CM Lollipop (5.0). The current app (1.0.10) worked well. I only took it out to 1000' due to it being new. I did have a similar issue to what another user reported, where the drone was about 200' directly above me and it lost signal. I'm wondering if that's just a blind spot? It did fine everywhere else and was still able to control the drone, just lost the camera.

I have a used Nexus 7 2013 (16gb) showing up tomorrow to be a dedicated tablet for the remote. IMO it's the best price:performance device to use as a dedicated device (paid $140) since it's not too big, it's cheap, the screen has a high PPI, and it has ample power and RAM.

Reactions: gingericeman
I did have a similar issue to what another user reported, where the drone was about 200' directly above me and it lost signal. I'm wondering if that's just a blind spot? It did fine everywhere else and was still able to control the drone, just lost the camera.
Not to get off topic, but directly above is the hardest spot for proper antenna orientation. Directly above, the controller antennas should be parallel with the ground, not pointing at the bird.

carry on..

Not to get off topic, but directly above is the hardest spot for proper antenna orientation. Directly above, the controller antennas should be parallel with the ground, not pointing at the bird.

carry on..
dji transmission range.jpg

Yep, the antennae seems pretty directional. I likely had the controller in the first position here instead of the second one. I don't blame the app or DJI. Probably should have just left out the connection error detail until I could test further. The phone and drone combo worked perfectly outside of that.

I used a Oneplus One phone last night. Running CM Lollipop (5.0). The current app (1.0.10) worked well. I only took it out to 1000' due to it being new. I did have a similar issue to what another user reported, where the drone was about 200' directly above me and it lost signal. I'm wondering if that's just a blind spot? It did fine everywhere else and was still able to control the drone, just lost the camera.

I have a used Nexus 7 2013 (16gb) showing up tomorrow to be a dedicated tablet for the remote. IMO it's the best price:performance device to use as a dedicated device (paid $140) since it's not too big, it's cheap, the screen has a high PPI, and it has ample power and RAM.
Good stuff please report back when you try the nexus , eager to here how it performs .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav