Current DJI turn around time for repairs

Reaction score
A caution to anyone thinking about sending they're unit in to DJI for repairs......DJI got my phantom yesterday and they quoted me 5 weeks to get it back without even looking at it yet!

Here's exactly how long it took for me:

Phantom 2 Vision+ Broken gimbal/camera and GPS module.

6/20/14 Called DJI to get information and RMA sheet emailed to me.
6/23/14 Mailed to DJI Hollywood from San Francisco area.
6/26/14 UPS confirmed delivery to DJI.
7/10/14 DJI email saying they received unit and logged into their system but not currently in repair queue.
7/22/14 DJI email saying they logged it in the repair system.
8/12/14 DJI email saying unit was repaired FREE OF CHARGE, flight tested and sent to their shipping department.
8/14/14 UPS delivered my Phantom with paperwork explaining the repairs they made.

Long wait but very happy. I was expecting a $650 repair bill.

Hopefully this gives you an idea how long the process could take. Good luck!

Might want to consider buying from a "tier 1" dealer who does warranty repairs themselves. I bought my kit from Heliguy in the UK, and they turn around repairs in a few days tops.

Dan at Helihobby in Reseda california recieved mine on a friday, replaced the motor on saturday and sent it back on monday. i received it by the next friday. 1 week turnaround i was flying again 7 days later and the bill was 130.00, and i live in Colorado.
very happy with their service.

little update..my experience is going kind of like @redwood ...... 3 weeks now and my unit was just checked into que....I am spot "L" which leads me to believe that I have to get to "A" 12 spots before my phantoms even looked at

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20