Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

curious gain settings for those with Dronexpert gimbal

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Mods' started by johnbowen, Apr 9, 2014.

1. johnbowen

For those of you with a Dronexpert gimbal, where have you set your basic gain levels? I know it is highly subjective, but mine just does not seem "settled". It either is flying in big circles or it's having a mini seizure as it shakes and quivers while at a hover.

I'm using standard DJI blades, T-Motors and a flytrex data recorder. I've got one external antenna hanging off the left rear (currently a TP-Link omnidirectional.

2. DesertFlyer53

The shaking and quivering in a hover is an indication that your basic gains are to HIGH. Turn roll and pitch gains down.

3. MonsieurAnon

This will be closely linked to weight. When setting up my custom mounts for my Samsung NX1100, I found that pitch and roll gains of 90 worked perfectly. My take off weight is 1400g. I also set attitude gains for pitch and roll to 150 when flying with the heavy load, because it takes a lot longer to counter for momentum, so I prefer to induce less with my sticks.

For reference I keep my gain settings at 130 for operating the stock camera, and find that it handles wind better and is a little more snappy than the stock gains of 120.

4. Phantompaul

Hi,is that roll and pitch on the phantom ? I put a gimbal on and it's got the shakes. Thanks Paul

5. aerialmedan

i have the sam problem
    my phantom shake and vibration

i set gain in dji assistant
    reduce its.. but i not find the best gain setting,,, still vibration
    any idea for this problem??