Curious (crazy) question about CSC

Reaction score
Not that I would ever be brave enough to test this theory, but since starting the motors on the ground is accomplished with the CSC stick positions, if you accidentally initiated a shutdown with CSC during flight and you had enough altitude, would the motors restart with CSC as the aircraft is falling out of the sky and possibly save the day!?

I know, I have way too much time on my hands. I think of weird things like that. You never know if it could happen. :eek:

Some have done so in the simulator but the best answer is NO.

I recall reports of some people using that to try to get down from inadvisably high altitudes with the P2, before there were ever altitude limits in firmware. It was rumored to work, provided the restart CSC was early enough for the aircraft to arrest its descent before hitting the ground.

Lol! Those are the answers I was expecting! I'm not willing to try either, and I sure ain't rich enough to take the risk! It's a hypothetical that begs to be answered however! We'll see if anyone has actually done it successfully...........or not!

That sim is almost pointless IMHO. The vertical and horizontal speed is about the most realism you will get with it.

Reactions: N017RW

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr