Curious, what is the dealer cost on a P4P?

Reaction score
I see where some dealer is selling them for $1299. Is there that much of a mark up on drones? The dealer has to be making money at that price, or why do it.

The seller may disagree with you.:D

With The Birds. I am not buying , or selling. Just curious how that dealer can sell them that cheap, and make money. Isn't it kind of late where you are?

I see where some dealer is selling them for $1299. Is there that much of a mark up on drones? The dealer has to be making money at that price, or why do it.

I dont think that dealer is an authorized DJI dealer because if they were, DJI wouldnt let them sell for less than the MSRP of $1499

They might be refurbed, or something else.

Usually if a deal look too good to be true, it usually is.

Reactions: Sharpshooter7
I bought my P4 in the Philippines for $800AUD less than in Australia. The authorised dji agent in Manila told me that each market's price point is determined by what can be borne by the local population and so given that the unit doesn't cost $800 less to be manufactured and be sold in the Philippines but rather how each market can be earnings equivalent. Any discounting is up to the authorised reseller and the amount of discount leveraged from their buying power and individual arrangements with dji. By the way it's nearly 6:00pm over where WTB hails from.

Reactions: Zzz
The seller may disagree with you.:D

With The Birds. I am not buying , or selling. Just curious how that dealer can sell them that cheap, and make money. Isn't it kind of late where you are?
Depending on where you are I might be 13 hours ahead but it's still daytime....

My comment stands and I'm not having a go, wherever you are in the chain it's what you can get it for that matters. I won't buy locally because we get robbed, even ordering directly from DJI but the local sellers aren't making significantly greater profits because their buy price is higher also. Drones, cameras whatever it might be in the luxury goods space.

The dealer maybe happy to make lower margins and even where i am some will discount but they won't advertise below the agreed DJI distributor retail.

I doubt anyone will sell for less than what they buy for unless they are desperate.

Reactions: Neon Euc
There's only a 10% room for sales profit in the drones. Parts may be another story... I recently applied to become a dealer for DJI and they wanted a MINIMUM of a $100k order with the wholesale cost being 10% less than MSRP. Thanks, but no thanks.

There's only a 10% room for sales profit in the drones. Parts may be another story... I recently applied to become a dealer for DJI and they wanted a MINIMUM of a $100k order with the wholesale cost being 10% less than MSRP. Thanks, but no thanks.
Wow! We also applied for a DJI dealership and have not heard back from them yet. It's been prob 2 months now. But they seriously want you to start out with 100k order? Or do a 100k in a year? That's just redic! How long did it take them to respond to your application? We have had a hobby shop in Indiana for almost 30 years. But we are in a small town. I def can't justify that kind of upfront comittment. LOL

@KevMo Photog

It took about 2-3 weeks for a response from them. I didn't see the logic in buying $100k in product only to make $10k. And if the sales would be mostly credit card, then go ahead and take another 2-3% from the profit....

Reactions: KevMo Photog
@KevMo Photog

It took about 2-3 weeks for a response from them. I didn't see the logic in buying $100k in product only to make $10k. And if the sales would be mostly credit card, then go ahead and take another 2-3% from the profit....
Wow! They must have laughed at my application. I told them I could maybe move 10,000 in a year. LOL. Yeah that's not a very good gamble! 100k for 10k profit! LMAO! No wonder there is not very many smaller dealers in the US!

Wow! We also applied for a DJI dealership and have not heard back from them yet. It's been prob 2 months now. But they seriously want you to start out with 100k order? Or do a 100k in a year? That's just redic! How long did it take them to respond to your application? We have had a hobby shop in Indiana for almost 30 years. But we are in a small town. I def can't justify that kind of upfront comittment. LOL
Kev, where at in IN? Fellow Hoosier here as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Thanks
BladeFartz
KevMo Photog

That's what I want to know. At a 10% mark up you would need a very low over head. Not only is there the cc fee, but the shipping of the drone too. To the buyer. I still wonder how that guy in the classified can sell them so cheap. I think it was $1300.

Last edited:
The normal mark up in electronic goods is 100%.

In Europe manufactures are technically not allowed to force a MSRP.

With the mavic DJI has shafted its dealer base by demanding huge orders but not delivering and making all the extra profit for themselves .

I too inquired and cannot fathom the investment with all the gray market sales going on. Also the DJI refurbs.

Years ago I looked into carrying Xbox 360. I believe I could make about $8 a unit...you make your money on software..ie; parts, etc...dealers probably make more on a battery then they do on a drone.

A couple weeks ago Amazon had the P4P at $1,335. I went to Best buy with the price and got it matched. If the costs is $1,499 less 10%, Amazon was advertising a loss that BB took

A couple weeks ago Amazon had the P4P at $1,335. I went to Best buy with the price and got it matched. If the costs is $1,499 less 10%, Amazon was advertising a loss that BB took
Wow Im amazed that BB will honor something this new on the internet. Good deal you got there.

BB matches most any brick and mortar, and some online retailers, Amazon being one of them. I also got batts from BB at Amazons $135 price
Wow! I'll def get my next P4P batteries from BB then. Thx for that. Do you save the page on your phone to show someone at BB?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31