CT phantom owners Check in here.. Meets/tech support/ events

Re: CT phantom owners Check in here.. Meets/tech support/ ev

Mopar Bob said:
Does everyone know Art! I am Bob from Hebron. I have flown a couple of times with Art both in West Hartford and Hebron area. We have a lot of nice flying sites locally but wouldn't mind meeting up anywhere and compare notes on various mods and so on.

hey bob welcome ... Im trying to organize a meet ASAP ... Soon as the weather breaks.. A lot of us myself included have not met anyone in this thread, we are all eagerly awaiting!! :D :mrgreen: :geek:

:lol: :shock: :shock:

Attachments

• image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    680.2 KB · Views: 587

mlsantos28 said:
From Stratford :)

Welcome.. im going to be making a list so please when checking in include, name, what phantom version and mods, and your location

:geek:

Have a place in Waterford if anyone's interested, tons of room for all of us, better part it's private property.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 558

Mopar Bob said:
Does everyone know Art! I am Bob from Hebron. I have flown a couple of times with Art both in West Hartford and Hebron area. We have a lot of nice flying sites locally but wouldn't mind meeting up anywhere and compare notes on various mods and so on.

Hebron has some great spots, fly their frequently

Jim from Meriden.

P2v and P2v+

Hi Joe and CT Phantom members, how about we all get together on the near future weekend for lunch or coffee/beer don't have to fly, unless it happens to be a nice day. Joe, you pick a location, date and time or we all vote.

Hey guys, I'm Steve - I just got a Phantom 2 recently with H3-3D, Immersion RC tx + Black Pearl monitor. I'm from Haddam, hope to meet some of you guys soon!

Steve you ever run into issues with the little goodspeed airport? I'm dying to get pics of the swing bridge but don't want to cause any trouble lol. Haddam Meadows is huge, you ever fly there? Looks like someone else is close to East Lyme too, I'm in Clinton, I'll go wherever haha. It's not like any of us would be going some place we're familiar with since these things change the perspective so much!

dwalterrealty said:
Steve you ever run into issues with the little goodspeed airport? I'm dying to get pics of the swing bridge but don't want to cause any trouble lol. Haddam Meadows is huge, you ever fly there? Looks like someone else is close to East Lyme too, I'm in Clinton, I'll go wherever haha. It's not like any of us would be going some place we're familiar with since these things change the perspective so much!

Haddam Meadows is actually where I took my first few flights - I live right up the road from there. Haven't run into any issues with the Goodspeed airport, but I'd love to get some photos/video of the swing bridge area too. May not be a good idea though since the airport is literally right there... I've only had the Phantom for a few weeks so far - being so cold and crappy out, I've only flown around Haddam and Old Saybrook a little bit. Looking forward to when it gets warmer and I don't have to bundle up so much!

Baron Von Blubba said:
dwalterrealty said:

Haddam Meadows is actually where I took my first few flights - I live right up the road from there. Haven't run into any issues with the Goodspeed airport, but I'd love to get some photos/video of the swing bridge area too. May not be a good idea though since the airport is literally right there... I've only had the Phantom for a few weeks so far - being so cold and crappy out, I've only flown around Haddam and Old Saybrook a little bit. Looking forward to when it gets warmer and I don't have to bundle up so much!

Ha, I work in Old Saybrook! Where have you flown? They're not too keen on these things down in Fenwick, I'll tell you that much!

dwalterrealty said:
Baron Von Blubba said:
dwalterrealty said:
Ha, I work in Old Saybrook! Where have you flown? They're not too keen on these things down in Fenwick, I'll tell you that much!

Nice, I went to Saybrook Point and the little beach down the road from Harvey's. Here's a video...nothing spectacular, just putzing around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwx_caY1yTI

Mopar Bob said:
I flew I that park directly across from the airport without any issues.

I've thought about going to Eagle's Landing...I'm just worried about the airport being right across the river. It's a far cry from being a busy airport, but still. Makes me nervous.

I hear that, especially with the stuff going on in NYC, where they average like one report a day of seeing one on the approach to JFK/La Guardia

Ok so got a bunch of emails from you guys requesting a meet.

im all in for flying .... tailgating etc...

i was thinking a tour of ct .....

weather permitting i think we should schedule meets 1 or twice a month in a different region of the state.

so ..
Southwest northwest central shoreline and northeast

if your region is up i will post week prior to meeting in your area. the leader in case there more than one member will designate flying spot, tailgating requests, alcohol. lol.

thoughts? this work?

I can't guarantee I'll make all of them, real estate is kind of a big weekend thing... But I'll certainly try, sounds good to me! Just a heads up for those that haven't seen the video of the kid at hammonassett, beach flying might be taken more kindly to at state parks in the off-season... Let's do this! Anyone have a portable generator for batteries lol

Sounds good to me. My job involves a lot of weekend work too, but I'll definitely make the meetups when I can.

This morning I was flying at Black Pond in Meriden which is a State of CT recreation facility. I was going to film my brother and nephew ice fishing and driving there quad (4 wheel) over the ice. While I was flying around a DEEP agent asked me what I was doing. I showed him where my phantom was (about 1200 ft out and 200' up). He told me that the use of aerial flying devices is not allowed in any State Recreation Facility.

Is this true? I went to the State DEEP website and did a search and could not find a regulation.

He was very cool about it. He said I could continue flying unless someone complained but my fingers were getting numb so I packed it in.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers