CSC

Reaction score
Newbie here with what may be a stupid question. If you are flying at a reasonable high altitude and you accidentally do a CSC and stop the motors, can you do another CSC to restart the motors and will it recover depending on the altitude?

I absolutely love this P3P, thought I was a pretty good pilot until I hit a tree...too focused on taking a video not paying attention to my surroundings. It took a licking and keeps ticking. The gimble separated and the battery was ejected but other than that it was ok. Lesson well learned.

Thanks for all the useful information on this site.

You can, but your Phantom won't recover.

Reactions: WWK888
Yes, but probably not in time. A accidental CSC is possible but highly unlikely. Think about the maneuver you would be doing. Since you are aware of it, it will be even harder to accidently do it.

As a new operator you should consider operating only one stick at a time. Don't get fancy until you have some experience. Keep it slow for a while. An accidental CSC has killed a lot of UAVs

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: WWK888 and QuadBart
An accidental CSC has killed a lot of UAVs
Contrary to popular opinion, accidental CSC is extremely rare.
It gets talked about a lot and catches the imagination of scared new owners but very few actual cases are ever reported on the forums.
Be scared of flying close to buildings and trees. Those are things that account for most crashes.

Reactions: WWK888 and QuadBart
Be scared of flying close to buildings and trees. Those are things that account for most crashes.
And watch out for them wide open spaces too...lol
Only place I crashed my bird (twice) is in the wide open spaces. I got a bit over confident and got outside my comfort zone and then panicked. All I had to do was just let go and I would have been fine. Only person I got to blame is the old man...me.
But none to very minimal damage that I could fix. I was lucky for that.
Learned alot in those two crashes though.

I think it is just a natural reaction for new users to just start pulling on the controls. Thats exactly what I did and I paid for it. I think most of the time you can just let go of the controls and you would recover and be fine. That would have been the case for me.

Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers