CSC Safety - Makes it impossible to accidentally kill your motors in the air

Welcome to the site!

I personally don't think CSC causes a substantial number of drops. It's pretty hard to do that in flight without trying to do it on purpose. CSC is not an instant cut off. To invoke a CSC shutoff, you must hold the sticks in the correct position for CSC. And then - you must wait: Something like half a second. I think a lot of the drops that are blamed on CSC are probably due to something else such as loose props, bad motors, bird strikes, or unexpected battery cell voltage drops. But that's just my opinion.

OTOH, if you fear a CSC, I discovered by accident another option (not to take away from msinger's fine device):

3D printed YAW control for DJI Phantom 3 Standard

combined with something like this:

2x Remote Control Lever Thumb Stick YAW Pitch DJI Phantom 2 3 4 Inspire 1

...which then restricts the maximum extensions of the controller's sticks making CSC very difficult to do by accident. In fact, to start the motors, you have to push rather hard to the corners to compress the walls of the rubber tip. So this would work too, until you calibrate your controller.

Great idea. However I just realized both of my crashes I didn't even think of doing a csc in the midst of all the panic. I would just pull the battery every time lol

OTOH, if you fear a CSC, I discovered by accident another option (not to take away from msinger's fine device):

3D printed YAW control for DJI Phantom 3 Standard

combined with something like this:

2x Remote Control Lever Thumb Stick YAW Pitch DJI Phantom 2 3 4 Inspire 1

...which then restricts the maximum extensions of the controller's sticks making CSC very difficult to do by accident. In fact, to start the motors, you have to push rather hard to the corners to compress the walls of the rubber tip. So this would work too, until you calibrate your controller.

Do you speak from experience concerning this product? It appears to me from looking at it that it is for smoother control of the sticks. Please inform me how this would stop a csc.

The first product from Phantom Help has been officially released -- the "CSC Fix". It's a small 3D printed block that attaches to the right remote controller stick (or left if you switched your sticks) to prevent from accidentally doing a CSC while flying. Here's what it looks like:

View attachment 29423

The block can be swiveled 90 degrees to allow the stick to be pushed in the full down position. So, you can still start up your motors -- or do a CSC while flying if you really need to.

I'm giving this away for free. All I'm asking is for $3.00 to help cover the packaging and shipping. I can ship anywhere in the US.

Want one? Go here:
CSC Fix - Phantom Help
I ordered one.

How do you get the piece on the stick? I'm new to my P3P and this seems like a must have for just paying shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm new to all this, but I have spent some considerable amount of time reviewing these forums. Two things seem pretty clear:

1. CSCs cause a substantial number of dangerous and expensive crashes;
2. Using CSC in a true emergency is so exceptionally rare as to be nearly inconsequential.

Isn't it pretty obvious that when a "safety" device causes more crashes and, therefore, risk of damage and injury, than it prevents, it ceases to be a safety device.?

In reply to your question, it's one that DJI needs to consider regarding the CSC.

I don't think the ebay item would stop a CSC but it looks like it would provide a bit more resistance. However, if someone was in a panic I don't think that would help. That is why I ordered the original from msinger. Simple, cheap, and effective not to mention in the short while I have been here, I have seen him provide helpful advice on multiple occasions. Haven't gotten my P3A or the CSC Safety in yet so I couldn't tell you how well it works. I am strictly going off of pics and description.

The first product from Phantom Help has been officially released -- the "CSC Fix". It's a small 3D printed block that attaches to the right remote controller stick (or left if you switched your sticks) to prevent from accidentally doing a CSC while flying. Here's what it looks like:

View attachment 29423

The block can be swiveled 90 degrees to allow the stick to be pushed in the full down position. So, you can still start up your motors -- or do a CSC while flying if you really need to.

I'm giving this away for free. All I'm asking is for $3.00 to help cover the packaging and shipping. I can ship anywhere in the US.

Want one? Go here:
CSC Fix - Phantom Help

Just ordered one. Don't want to take a chance waiting for DJI to come out with a fix. Thanks for making this and all your Phantom Help.

Do you speak from experience concerning this product? It appears to me from looking at it that it is for smoother control of the sticks. Please inform me how this would stop a csc.

Same way msinger's product works.

I'm new to all this, but I have spent some considerable amount of time reviewing these forums. Two things seem pretty clear:

2. Using CSC in a true emergency is so exceptionally rare as to be nearly inconsequential.

Isn't it pretty obvious that when a "safety" device causes more crashes and, therefore, risk of damage and injury, than it prevents, it ceases to be a safety device.?
Reading forums you'll see plenty of reports crashes and lost Phantoms caused by bumping into trees and buildings, flying behind buildings, trees and mountains, initiating RTH under trees, flying far downwind in strong winds, not understanding what RTH was doing, bad compass calibrations and lots of other causes.
But what doesn't show up in incidents reported is the large number of accidental CSC reports.

Reported accidental CSC incidents are extremely rare.
This is because CSC is not something that will happen in normal flight.
To invoke a CSC shutoff, you must hold the sticks in the correct position for CSC. And then - you must wait: Something like half a second.
Sorry but with CSC there is no waiting, no delay.
Check it on the ground with props off - It's instant.

STOP USING LOGIC ON THIS FORUM!

[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

View attachment 29423

Want one? Go here:
CSC Fix - Phantom Help
Msinger, been using these for some time now, they are great. I feel so much more secure flying now. Now when my wife flies I don't worry about her panicking and performing a CSC. Or me for that matter.

Reactions: msinger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers