CSC Safety - Makes it impossible to accidentally kill your motors in the air

I just got asked this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-03-05-10-18.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-03-05-10-18.png
    340.5 KB · Views: 593
Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
ROFL! How old are you 10? You're crazy! The "attacks" would be 30x more ruthless....c'mon...you don't know this?
Ha Ha.. 10... I wish....
But I guess I was not really understood. What I meant was, that if we had women, men would be busy talking about other things rather than dueling over a quarter inch plastic gadget....

Reactions: louforgiveno
Dirk I have to make you an honorary member if our Irish group man. Never mind what you ask me because there's another 20 as bad as me and then there's Fiona!!!!!
I'm honored you say that my friend :)
Where's Fiona......

Ha Ha.. 10... I wish....
But I guess I was not really understood. What I meant was, that if we had women, men would be busy talking about other things rather than dueling over a quarter inch plastic gadget....
I see what you meant now, and i agree it might prompt some better behavior.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I'm sorry and I do appreciate msingers contribution to this forum and the PhantomHelp website is very useful if you want to look up a good backpack or compatible tablet but a device to stop a 'kill switch' from working is not sensible.

The CSC was designed to be used under various emergency circumstances the most severe being to prevent injury to people. To put something on your sticks to prevent a CSC being used in an emergency is not sensible and don't forget you may be trying to prevent injury to yourself not necessarily someone else. You’ll really appreciate that bit of 3D printed material being there if that happened.

I’m not convinced about the barrier over a kill switch idea, sure you put a barrier over a master arm switch on an F16 as those missiles are dangerous and the opposite to safe which is the objective of a CSC to make something safe for example when I stood in a baggage claim on the weekend at the local airport the emergency stop on the belt bringing the baggage out did not have a cover.

I’m all for entrepreneurial ideas but the only fix necessary is for people to read the manual.

Reactions: N017RW
Thanks for creating this item and I appreciate your VERY reasonable price. I will be using it to prevent that "Oh ****" moment from happening again. Great if you're an experienced pilot and feel you won't ever need anything like this. You don't have to buy it.

Reactions: hms
I'm working on shipping outside of the US. Stay tuned.

Anyone going to introduce me to Fiona?

All orders from today are packed up and ready to ship out tomorrow morning. Thanks everyone!

My second post here. Great idea and I'll definitely order one. It definitely freaks me out to think I can activate the CSC by accident. As a few others mentioned, I don't see the situation where you need to use it. I've been learning a lot from this forum but way too many pointless discussions criticizing anyone with a different opinion. I'll be looking out for your next version of this gadget!

Not here to trash anyone too, and Im also afraid of accidental csc. I can see myself shutting down the drone accidentally, clueless by my own stupidity. But I am more afraid of blocking my flight controls by intentionally putting something that is designed to prevent full motion. Taking that into consideration I would not use this. Also Im sure a DJI glitch is much more likely to kill it before any of this happens.

The first product from Phantom Help has been officially released -- the "CSC Fix". It's a small 3D printed block that attaches to the right remote controller stick (or left if you switched your sticks) to prevent from accidentally doing a CSC while flying. Here's what it looks like:

View attachment 29423

The block can be swiveled 90 degrees to allow the stick to be pushed in the full down position. So, you can still start up your motors -- or do a CSC while flying if you really need to.

I'm giving this away for free. All I'm asking is for $3.00 to help cover the packaging and shipping. I can ship anywhere in the US.

Want one? Go here:
CSC Fix - Phantom Help

It is a very stupid idea. When you loose control and your P3 goes straight forward to a crowd of people you will be begging to have CSC.

It is a very stupid idea. When you loose control and your P3 goes straight forward to a crowd of people you will be begging to have CSC.

Dude, if you accuse someone of being stupid, you first need to understand the difference between "lose" and "loose". Just sayin'. Trashing innovative ideas is so easy online, almost anyone can do it. Thanks for illustrating that point.

Dude, if you accuse someone of being stupid, you first need to understand the difference between "lose" and "loose". Just sayin'. Trashing innovative ideas is so easy online, almost anyone can do it. Thanks for illustrating that point.
Amen! No wonder newbies and some others won't post on this forum. It's hard to find one thread that some wise *** hasn't been downright rude or at least cast aspersions on one's intelligence level or some other obnoxious post.

A guy comes on here to offer a product that may help a few at very little cost (think of his time as a cost and it isn't so little) and 3-4 think they have to knock the product or the idea. My gawd, what's happened to the world that people can't just be nice. I've been into RC for over 45 years and on computer forums for over 15 years (since CompuServe) and forum behavior is getting worse and worse by the year.

Reactions: bobmyers
Not sure where all the hate is coming from. I can understand how an expert might stop his motors by mistake, and it wouldn't necessarily be because he's stupid or a noob or he never read the manual.

He's flying around with finesse. He's in the zone. He's not flying the machine, he IS the machine. He's descending and rotating while moving to the south west. And then suddenly.... FREE FALL!

Maybe this product isn't for everybody, but this little nugget potentially prevents an expensive error.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4