CSC command while flying anyone done this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm researching safety with phantom and discovered that you can drop your phantom accidentally using the CSC command, has anyone done this?
There is a video on it

To me seems like a dangerous feature to have as drones can drop out of the sky accidentally.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The real question is why would anyone pull the throttle all the way down while having the quad rotate like nut? Isn't that like committing suicide just by that action alone!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good point, as explained in the video people have descended and moved the sticks into this position accidentally while turning, I don't have a phantom yet but just looking at all the possible dangers.

Please search on the topic. It has been covered many times already.

Reactions: konidair
As mentioned, this has been discussed many times. Bottom line, there does need to be a way to kill the motors in any situation for safety. The likelihood of randomly performing a CSC is almost nil.

Reactions: konidair
CSC was primarily designed as a protection in extreme emergency condition when you would not like to allow phantom to go ahead in any case and dropping out of the sky is the best solution. We always ask ourselves if the CSC provided is safe enough as people have by mistake operated it during flights. DJI has come out with another CSC procedure , hope that is safer. Is that the real exit door during emergency?

Maybe dji should install an emergency parachute, not a bad idea.

Good point, as explained in the video people have descended and moved the sticks into this position accidentally while turning, I don't have a phantom yet but just looking at all the possible dangers.

Another way to look at this

If you are flying at 400 ft FAA ceiling, you pull your throttle all the way down and rotate left continuously and at the same time you go full backward and tilt right! With or without CSC, your quad will crash. The only difference is do you want your prop going 2000rpm when it crash.

Here is a little protection device you can order online for a small donation.
3a654e4ae7fa59f429a09cb7056839a5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20