Crystal Sky and Litchi

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new Crystal Sky monitors will work with the Litchi software? I suspect not, but I'm hoping that if DJI opens their APK for developers, they will also allow some approved apps for the monitor. If not, does the Crystal Sky have any competition that is a bright monitor?

That's a big NEGATIVE! As of right now DJI Customer Service has said no 3rd party aps will be allowed on this system which follows suite to the P4 series with integrated display. That doesn't mean someone won't take the time/effort to JailBreak it since it will be running an Android OS but odds are it won't be worth the efforts because every firmware update will "break" the JailBreak.

Reactions: jasonjlee
Lack of ability to run 3rd party apps is a critical limitation for professional use.

Litchi app has many features not available in DJIgo-4 so it is important to allow litchi app to load to DJI tablet (CrystalSky). How can we make this happen?

Two things for me.... #1 is not being able to install 3rd party apps like Litchi and #2, I think price is too expensive. I'm currently running a Dell Venue 8 and the brightness is terrible.....about 230 nits. Was waiting for to come out, 2 points above make it a no go for me so I'm gonna start looking for another tablet.

The CrystalSkys are kind of a disappointment. The lack of compatibility with 3rd part apps is a deal killer, and then there's also the price. I had a 1,000-nit P4P+ and while the screen was very nice it still was woefully inadequate in direct sun. Maybe 2,000 nit will be better but you're up to $999 at that point, no thanks.

Reactions: DanD2
I would love a brighter monitor. But not being able to add Litchi (who does have access to the DJI SDK) is a deal breaker, as is the price.

DJI does restrict Litchi from adding some features. Example: Litchi cannot add color highlight or voice announcement for "controlling iso", "controlling shutter speed", "controlling aperture" on the P4 Pro.

You can root the cystalsky and then install whatever you wish! I wont teach how as its not liked by DJI but fully possible!

I believe Mad RC has manage to use Litchi on the crystalsky

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A Statement on the removal of the above video.

I have been contacted a number of times asking why the above video has been removed, in late December 2017 I received a message from youtube that VC Tecnology the developer of Litchi had filled a copyright complaint with Youtube , they agreed and removed the video and I was issued with a copyright strike.

Before making the video a actually waited a long period of time to have a think if I was happy to proceed to publicly publish the method, in deciding to do it those who had seen it will know I went to great lengths to say that if you do this please support the developer and I was only showing the method, I would not provide a link to the paid app Litchi's to download, I stated the version required but I would not provide the link.

Regardless it was deemed that it was in copyright violation, at no point did VC Tecnology contact me or request it was taken down, if they had I would have complied with no hesitation at all as I said I was not interested in telling people how to get paid apps for free but to demonstrate the method to install it on Crystalsky for those who had already paid for it.

Anyway as it stands the video has been removed and I have no intention of sharing it locally or otherwise.

I would like to thank everyone for the usual kind words and we will chalk this one up to a learinig experience.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan