Crystal Sky and Cendence!

Reactions: Loz
What I have picked up on regarding CS is that it will work with osmo. I have osmo pro and my biggest gripe is using wifi for the connection. They are also launching a cable to connect the osmo pro to the CS monitor via USB. This won't work with iOS.
It will connect to osmo standard via wifi too.

I have the p4p and osmo/osmo pro so I am likely to invest. The fact it will work on future drones is appealing too.

My only question would be how to mount the bigger CS screen to the osmo. There is a RC mount that is available to order soon that is a dock on the RC but no mention of an osmo connector.

NO ... The controller isn't compatible with the Phantom and DJI finally answered the two questions everyone wanted to know about Crystalsky
Price - more than I want to pay for an 8inch tablet (that won't fit my backpack)
... and from their new Crystalsky FAQ
You will also be forever stuck in an Android version of the customized app, and DJI has proven with the P4P+ that their Android programmers are not up to the task, even on their own dedicated hardware, while the iOS version always seems to run circles around the Android versions! :cool: A bit pricey, too, as you point out! "5.5-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $469 (USD); a 7.85-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $699 (USD); and a 7.85-inch, 2000 cd/m2 version for $999 (USD)." A 9.7" iPadPro will be larger, cheaper, lighter, and always run iOS and all 3rd party SDK's!

Last edited:
Reactions: Loz
You will also be forever stuck in an Android version of the customized app, and DJI has proven with the P4P+ that their Android programmers are not up to the task, even on their own dedicated hardware, while the iOS version always seems to run circles around the Android versions! :cool: A bit pricey, too, as you point out! "5.5-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $469 (USD); a 7.85-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $699 (USD); and a 7.85-inch, 2000 cd/m2 version for $999 (USD)." A 9.7" iPadPro will be larger, cheaper, lighter, and always run iOS and all 3rd party SDK's!
I agreed, a refurbished iPad will be a great option for these looking to replace their Android tablet.

I agreed, a refurbished iPad will be a great option for these looking to replace their Android tablet.

At those prices even a new iPad is still a contender IMHO, given all the other pros of a universal device vs dedicated.

Reactions: macoman
DJI has proven with the P4P+ that their Android programmers are not up to the task, even on their own dedicated hardware, while the iOS version always seems to run circles around the Android versions! :cool:
I can't complain about the way DJI Go runs on an Nvidia Shield and find the idea that the Android app is inferior puzzling.
I think Android issues would be more likely due to running it on a less than satisfactory tablet than a problem with the app.

I can't complain about the way DJI Go runs on an Nvidia Shield.
The popular idea that the Android app is inferior puzzles me.

It's not that it doesn't run well on some Android devices - it's that it doesn't run well on all of them. And that may be more a reflection of the diverse implementation of the platform rather than poor programming in the app. It must be more difficult to program for a less standardized system.

At those prices even a new iPad is still a contender IMHO, given all the other pros of a universal device vs dedicated.
I know that but if you want to pay even less... I will consider a refurbished one... These are like new.

I can't complain about the way DJI Go runs on an Nvidia Shield and find the idea that the Android app is inferior puzzling.
I think Android issues would be more likely due to running it on a less than satisfactory tablet than a problem with the app.
After 3 months with no upate to the P4P+ dedicated buggy, crashing, Android app, I gave up! DJI wrote a customized Android app, specifically for their own built-in CrystalSky monitor on the P4P+, and still couldn't get it right, or fix it in a timely manner. Even now, it still crashes regularly! That does not bode well for the standalone CrystalSky tablets! Hopefully, they get their act together, for the prices they are now asking, for the new standalone devices! The P4P+ had such great promise. Unfortunately, the buggy app ruined it.

Whilst I think they are expensive screens I think a lot of people here are missing the point.

I am almost certainly buying one. I like how I'll be able to use it across platforms. From my osmo/osmo pro and onto the p4p and if I upgrade it will come with me. As a pro photographer the bright screen for me is a must. The osmo saps the power from your smartphone so you need to be walking around with a USB cable hanging out and DJI are launching a cable to connect the osmo to an android device eliminating the **** wifi issues.

So for me. To get one unit that can swap between three devices and also not have issues with connectivity on the osmo It seems good to me.

As for the remote. If it was compatible with the p4p I'd buy one now. The shortcut buttons for the camera settings etc are exactly what I need.

I dont see nothing wrong with the price of this controller as long as it performs like 999$ for what i can see so far this is aimed for higher production teams . as far as the screen goes ill keep and eye on it no comments yet .. to me the apple devices had performed pretty good so far and i do own both android and iOS devices ...

The weakness is that the device only runs Android, and cannot ever run any third party SDK's. Further, the Android version is unique to the CrystalSky devices, and DJI's track record on that is poor at best. In 5 months, they still can't get the P4P+ to operate on a parity with the P4P, whether on either iOS or Android through the Play Store, both of which run 3rd party SDK's without issue, and are already mature apps.

I just want to know how the CrystalSky screens will mount to the osmo. Bet the larger screen isn't compatible and the smaller screen will just fit into the existing clamps or perhaps a dedicated mount.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen