Crushed my p2 and now it gives yellow blinking.

Just giving everyone one final update:

The phantom is alive and flying!

2 parts were damaged in the phantom 2,

1. the GPS module the whole thing was damaged ( not the ceramic antenna only)
2. The receiver ( the mini chip that goes under the main board) this one was damaged badly.

when i replaced the receiver, the RC and the phantom were connected to each other. So replacing the Receiver, turned on the motor. However, i was not getting any GPS lock, with the GPS module that i replaced the ceramic antenna( look at the pictures i posted earlier in the topic)

Anyway, replaced the whole GPS module and finally after long time, i GOT GREEN LIGHT, ready to fly!

To sum up, if you have fast abnormal yellow blinking, like mine, it most likely the GPS or the receiver has gone wrong, or BOTH.

cheers everyone, and thank you guys for helping!

Roger Thant Moein glad you got it up and going and thanks for reporting back with your results so thers can learn! ;)

~Duke

Hello my name is Jasim live in Toowoomba, QLD. I recently bought DJI phantom 2 version 3 quad copter. few days ago it was crashed. After that it is not turning on means motor is not running and the main quad copter reset button always stays solid red. I tried to bind my controller by press and hold the reset button for few seconds and turning the remote on but it does not do anything means after blinking flushing red as long as I let it go it turns solid red again and one arm is continuously flushing yellow. I opened the canopy and looked the GPS module and found the GPS module is cracked. I bought new right specifications GPS module and soldered it back but still not fixing problems. I downloaded phantom 2 rc software and calibrated for my remote control and found remote is working great. When I open DJI p2 software it shows CFG error GPS is not calibrated this can be caused due to software updates or abnormal RX functions............ sometimes it also says ERROR [27]......... GPS need to calibrate.........

I am a full time student and not working. Now I can't spend so much money to fix this issues and running. Can you please suggest me what can I do in this stages.
Is anybody living near Toowoomba, Queensland? Is there any DJI repair shop so that I can bring it to show them then find out actual problems?

The problem I think the solid reset button. Furthermore I have no ideas how to tackle this problems. Please help. Your suggestions is much more appreciated.
pictures of the GPS module and ceramic attena replacement

5y2y8.jpg

11ajpkw.jpg

Hello my name is Jasim live in Toowoomba, QLD. I recently bought DJI phantom 2 version 3 quad copter. few days ago it was crashed. After that it is not turning on means motor is not running and the main quad copter reset button always stays solid red. I tried to bind my controller by press and hold the reset button for few seconds and turning the remote on but it does not do anything means after blinking flushing red as long as I let it go it turns solid red again and one arm is continuously flushing yellow. I opened the canopy and looked the GPS module and found the GPS module is cracked. I bought new right specifications GPS module and soldered it back but still not fixing problems. I downloaded phantom 2 rc software and calibrated for my remote control and found remote is working great. When I open DJI p2 software it shows CFG error GPS is not calibrated this can be caused due to software updates or abnormal RX functions............ sometimes it also says ERROR [27]......... GPS need to calibrate.........

I am a full time student and not working. Now I can't spend so much money to fix this issues and running. Can you please suggest me what can I do in this stages.
Is anybody living near Toowoomba, Queensland? Is there any DJI repair shop so that I can bring it to show them then find out actual problems?

The problem I think the solid reset button. Furthermore I have no ideas how to tackle this problems. Please help. Your suggestions is much more appreciated.

i dont know if the problem you are having is same as what i had. But here is what i did:

1.i changed the GPS module.
2. and also changed the receiver ( the mini chip that goes under the main board).

after replacing these two my drone was good to go.

Good luck!

Reactions: jasim
Assalamualaikum brother Moein. Thanks for your reply. I have changed the GPS ceramic. GPS firmware and loader looks good now.

Did you experienced same problems like solid red button in the main board. This is my main concern I can not reset it by pressing and holding the reset button then turn on the remote. it blinks and turn solid red again. did you have similar issues as i could not connect my remote?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic