Crop inspection with Litchi

Reaction score
I have been playing with the idea of using my P3S for crop inspections and since the range is abysmal even with a DBS panel I have been experimenting with the Litchi app which I have just down loaded.

The weed we are looking for sits up above the wheat when flowering and is usually visible ( It has pale yellow flowers) to the eye from about 30-40m

I’m just looking for any ideas on how to set it up ie height camera angle swath width speed, turns etc The paddock I am going to try this on is approximately 34 Ha (85 acres) about 450m x 800m

I would think that because the mission is up and back up and back etc the speed can’t be too high so as to allow for the reverse in direction. Any suggestion would be appreciated
Screenshot_2016-05-29-22-22-41.png

Wow, maybe somebody will give you some help haven't tried any way point stuff, looks like a cool project.

I don't understand the question "as to allow for the reverse in direction", something to do with flying and filming in reverse. Are you after stills or assume video?

I haven't tried a mission yet (cold and raining here ,our winter) so I'm not sure how the Phanton will handle the turns which are essentially a series of tight u-turns .if I increase the mission speed to fit the battery time does that mean the P3 is slowed in the turns ? Alternately I could creat two missions make the runs closer and slower.If the turns are square I assume the P3 stops and yaws 90 degrees travels stops and yaws 90 again then travels the length of the paddock and repeats the sequence again.I wonder if this is taken into account in the calculate time taken for the mission The camera would just follow the track heading at a set angle downward filming the whole time.

Looking at dronedeploy (still reading) Very interesting I read somewhere some of the more advance programs give you a accurate height above sea level of the terrain at your waypoints therefore giving you a plus or minus elevation value at each planned waypoint (minus being underground !)I'm still reading to see if dronedeploy does this .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.